Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

All done

Finally, the Italy gallery is complete: 200-ish images in total, exploring the world as reflected by Venice, Rome, Florence, Siena, San Gimignano and the stunning phenomenon of Lake Maggiore. If your last look was a few weeks ago or you've not yet had a peek, hope you drop in and have a leisurely browse!
Zig's Brand New and Complete Italy Galleries

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I am looking forward to examining this gallery in detail. I am on the road in Tucson, Arizona, right now and have limited internet - but this is on my lis of things to do...

These galleries are fantastic. I highly recommend that everyone checks them out...

Whew! What a lot of work you've put into these!

I watched each gallery as a slide show, and had to go back to several of the images, and I know I'll be doing the slideshows again tonight. I made some notes to mention specific ones that jumped out at me - in no way a complete list: Shades and the Yellow Chairs of St Mark's (both versions) from Venice; Constraint (colour version) Spanish Steps and Shades from Rome; Downlight from Siena; There is more than this from Florence…

What I wasn't expecting was the poetic descriptions of the places, both text and photo, but also the incredible humour of so many of the photos. Several times they caught me off-guard and I laughed out loud. That's not uncommon when I'm reading the news, but it's a first for a travel photography gallery. Big Grin

Something else that really struck me was the way you included a small human element in so many of the photos, either a person or couple, or a modern artifact like a motorcycle in an antiquarian scene. Very powerful and very effective. There Is More Than This and Awaiting the New Jerusalem (thread here) stand out as examples, but it's skillfully done in so many photos.

I can only echo Toad: I highly recommend that everyone checks them out.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Wow, great work Zig - brings back memories. I was in that same region a few years back and San Gimignano was one of the more memorable spots. I love the views from the bell towers of the countryside...

Very impressive body of work Zig.

Canon stuff.

Wow Zig. There's a mountain of work in there! Congratulations!
I must admit I haven't looked through it all yet, but am deliberately tackling it in bite-size chunks so I can digest it properly.

So far I think my favourites are a group of shots in the 2nd half of the Rome gallery where you seem to loosen up a bit and what you lose in technical control you more than gain in emotion and capturing a spirit of the place. After all, Italians are known for their self-expression.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.