Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

AmoK EXIF Sorter - Organises Photos

This one looks to be the swiss army knife of photo renaming / moving / organising - I've tried looking in the past and found that some only do renaming, or unable to create folder structure, or are too restrictive in their parameters. Anyway, AmoK EXIF sorter can do all that, and even organise according to EXIF data embedded within photos, such as focal length, aperture, camera model, in addition to the usual date and time.

Being Java based - it's also cross platform - for Windows, Mac and Linux:
http://lifehacker.com/5724181/amok-exif-...-youd-like

I use a program called Photomove, but that will only sort by Exif Date. It will create the folder structure though.

http://mjbpix.com/automatically-move-pho...exif-date/

I use a method called 'search till you drop'. Rolleyes I am very dis-organised with naming and filing, apart from the year and month.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

LightRoom for me. The photos are automatically sorted by EXIF date when you add them to the catalog. This was particularly good when I had thousands of photos that were not organized in any way. When I told LightRoom to add all existing photos, it automatically organized them into dated folders - that job was worth the price of LightRoom alone. The fact that it is also a great processing package is bonus!

Hey T, I didn't realise Lightroom did that.. Big Grin

I always downloaded photos from my camera into the desired folder structure first, then synced the folders into Lightroom... Big Grin

Yes - its an option for organizing photos that I set up the first time I used it - it does it auto-magically now.

I use ACDsee for browsing, while it doesn't organize them into physicqal folders, it does have a browse by calendar option which achieves the same thing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post