Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

An introduction

Hi All my name is Doug
I live in a village just South of Cambridge, England
My interest in photography was garnered by my father who was taking photographs back in the 1930's and doing his own processing ,I didn't get the bug until my mid Twenties, then I had the good fortune to be made redundant and part of the package paid for me to retrain in college so I did a photo assistants course and worked for a Portrait & Wedding firm, then progressed to Architectural and more processing also using 5" X 4" & 6x 7 format Cameras. Now it's just a hobby I'll take photographs of any subject that interests me as you may notice on this site in future.

We Photographers deal in things which are continually Vanishing and when they have vanished, there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. We cannot develope and print a memory.
                 Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

Welcome, place to be. Ed.

To each his own!

Welcome to Shuttertalk.

Welcome to the photography forums! Please make yourself at home here!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Thanks guys !
I forgot to mention that I live 4 miles from Duxford which was the base for the 78th fighter wing and also Douglas Bader 11 group, and also Bassingbourne Airfield which was the home of Memphis Belle B17 Bomber so there might be the occasional Aircraft pop up . Sorry !

We Photographers deal in things which are continually Vanishing and when they have vanished, there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. We cannot develope and print a memory.
                 Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

Welcome Doug. I am sure that you will enjoy yourself.
Regards, Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

I look forward to seeing the aircraft. I have a flying lesson booked for next month!

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

(Apr 5, 2016, 00:01)Dougson Wrote:  Thanks guys !
I forgot to mention that I live 4 miles from Duxford which was the base for the 78th fighter wing and also Douglas Bader 11 group, and also Bassingbourne Airfield which was the home of Memphis Belle B17 Bomber so there might be the occasional Aircraft pop up . Sorry !

Duxford on my list of to photo, dunno when though,greetingsSmile

SmileJohn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by washington1775
Apr 13, 2017, 07:20
Last Post by EdMak
Jan 31, 2015, 11:04