Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another Door

Hey yall ,

its been a while so i thought i would let yall know what is going on with me . I have been pretty busy shooting , mainly models. Well the other day i got a e-mail from my sports photog buddy , and i am now his assistant at all of the Memphis Riverkings games , http://www.riverkings.com/ , . Its not really a paid gig as i am really just learning to shoot for the media .
The best thing about this is there will be more doors that open up , We will have all acsess passes , no need to worry about getting the best seats , no need to worry about paying to get into the games to shoot. And if they like my shots , i can work out a contract for them next year !
I am also working on getting to shoot for one of the news papers here , it is a daily paper , and things look pretty good for that too .
I am so excited , and i will keep yall updated on how things are going , and probably bore yall with lots of hockey pics LOL ...
Thanks for reading ...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

That sounds Great Shawn... Smile

You sound so happy and please with all these new photo activities...

You have been always so kind with my pictures and so nice to me in your comments as well. I have to say that I was missing you a lot. Now I understand why you haven't been around and I am very happy for you.

Stay in touch and let us know what is going on in your photography. Be sure that you never bore, at the countrary you and all this that is happening to you is a great motivation to many of us here in shuttertalk... Wink

All the best to you Shawn... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

That's fantastic news. And Irma's right, new photos are never going to bore us. Keep us up to date and show us what you're doing as often as you can.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Great stuff Shawn - look forward to more pictures.

Canon stuff.

Your hard work has paid off! Congrats Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Way to go Shawn Cool

It must be great to do something you love and call it 'work'

All the best
Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Congratulations Shawn. all those days in the alligator swamps have paid off.
I hope your fortune continues and you can make a living from something you enjoy.. Best of luck and good wishes.
SmileSmile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks Yall ,

You guys are the best !!!

....... Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

That's terrific that things are moving onwards and upwards for you Shawn. Big Grin
Best of luck.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Thanks Kombi ,

I have learned so much from this group , i have to laugh when i think about when i started shooting and thought i could buy a camera and make money in a few months LOL Big Grin . I have a loooooonnnnnggg way to go before i can go full time but you have to crawl before you can walk...

Thanks again yall ...... Shawn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Banded Drake
Nov 10, 2006, 05:22