Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anyone bought gear from ...........

www.digitalrev.com

They seem to have pretty good prices.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Very nice site. I'll have to look more when I have time. Off to work. C-ya! Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Less than AU$600 for the Sigma 135-400 attracts me a lot even the 170-500 is not that much more but they did not have them for Pentax, it's hard being a leper sometimes Tongue , I did email them though and they said that they could order them, not sure if they would be the same price though. :/

Albert Einstein

Very swish looking site... where are they based? If overseas, don't forget to factor in shipping and (potential) customs duty!

I think they are based in Hong Kong

Based in Hong Kong, shipping is around $60 for lenses but even with that factored in some of the lenses look pretty good.

Albert Einstein

Oh yes... I do recall seeing them before - I think they sell on ebay too. No wonder the name sounded so familiar.

The site info looks a bit short on info though, the lenses are listed but it does not say for what cameras. I asked if they were for Pentax and the answer I got was that they weren't but they could order them for Pentax, no answer on if the prices are the same as for the "non pentax".

Albert Einstein

Hahahha .. it seems I'm a bit of a pariah too with my Minolta Peted, accessories are not as common.

My dad realised I was getting into photography and just gave me a vintage 1978 Asashi Pentax Spotmatic F in need of some cleaning and TLC. I have no clue atm what to do with it. What is 35mm film ? Wink

Ha ha, I am looking for a Pentax KM at the moment, had bought one new years ago (around 1978) but it was stolen when the house was burgled about 3 years ago Sad . Took some great shots with it.

Albert Einstein

some nice spotmatics going cheap on ebay

Ancient Cameras

Most of those cameras are older then me ... definately older then my wife ...

Looking through his collection, I think Patch17 has one of those cameras Smile

Sorry to change the topic of the thread.., maybe we should start a new one? Smile

I am looking for a Pentax KM, first real camera I had, bought one new in 1978. They are still comanding reasonable prices. Sadly stolen a few years back. I am using a few lenses rom back then with different sets of extension tubes, the 50mm F2.0 is quite good, I had a 55mm F1.8 with my KM. Big Grin

Just realised I said all this before but in my defence it is just after 5AM here and I have been talking to someone in a newsgroup about the same thing. Oh yes and I am still really bitter about having my house burgled. Sad

Albert Einstein

mmmm I would like a 50mm f1.7 for my minolta

Why a 50mm?

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post