Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anyone here using ........

Photoshop CS and/or Nikon Capture 4.1?

If so, I have a few questions.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

I'm using CS.

I don't like the Nikon provided programs though.. they didn't do much for me. I much preferred the canon version when I was on that side of the fence.

Camera: Nikon D70
Level: Eager Amateur
Area of speciality: Sceneries
Area of Learning: Portraiture

I'm sure a few of us are using CS Jerry. I know Mitch and myself are.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

gd Wrote:I'm using CS.

I don't like the Nikon provided programs though.. they didn't do much for me. I much preferred the canon version when I was on that side of the fence.

So was the grass greener on the other side GD? What made you switch?

Well, I've been a canon guy since I started, but had never really journeyed into SLR.

So once I decided to get serious about it and actually work for my photos I thought well I need to find the SLR I can use.

My budget pretty much limited me to the Rebel or the D70 and from that it became a choice where I couldn't lose.

So I chose the Nikon, but kept the canon software, far easier to use in my humble opinion.

I still carry my D70 in a canon bag though Smile (old habits).

I've liked the D70 a lot though, it's shown me I have a LOT more to learn about TTL.

Some poor thief is going to get gyped one day, he'll think "Great I can grab some Canon lenses when I snatch this guys bag" you sure will have him fooled!

From what I've heard the D70 is a pretty nice camera, if the Nikon had been a step closer when I moved to DSLR I would most likely have taken it but the D100 was too expensive and not worth it when the 10D came out.

It has all the features I think I need.
In looking back through my photos though, most of my good ones came from my trusty old Canon Powershot G1! (yes.. ONE)... I am still trying to get to a similar level with my SLR. But I keep trying Smile

10D... my friend bought his along to a wedding reception I was shooting... nice unit! very nice.

im using photoshop CS .. its nice for RAw handling ..

I just got my self a cpoy of Photoshop CS so I am still fiddling

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Counter-strike; computer-science; chicken soup; creative suite

The reason I'm on the Canon boat is because Nikon was too slow releasing their D70 Tongue haha

Happy enough with my choice though; though I can't do infra-red photograph Sad

I feel like I have to stay on the Canon-boat now, since most of my things are Canon-compatible... haha
it's too late! we're too far in!!!!@#@!#@!#!@ Tongue

drown... lol

weeeeeeeeee!
hahahah

Seems like I will always have the superious gear then Adam? I am starting out with the Fuji so if you move to Fuji in DSL you hit the Nikon F mouth then you hit all nikon compatiable cameras, looks like I might go to Nikon and build up a Nikon F mount lense collection so if i decide to go back to Fujifilm (probably won't because they are a lot dearer than the Nikons) when they release the S3 I will have all the lenses, and in peronal opinion Nikon owning Canon in DSLR, I think that explains my first line, just my 'rant' =P Patience is great if you have it, I have forced patience which is also known as insufficient funds =P

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

dw .. by then me and adam will have 1Ds ^_- hahahah ... or Kodak DCS Pro SLR/c ... maybe ~_~

Yes, you will probably own them a long way before me but when I get the nikon gear i will still be better just because of the name on the body =P

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

jericho Wrote:Photoshop CS and/or Nikon Capture 4.1?

If so, I have a few questions.

Ok Jerry. So some of us do use C.S. What's up? Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Oh it was an and/or question, I didn't notice that bit, I thought it was PS CS and NC4.1 together, silly me.

dewy Wrote:Yes, you will probably own them a long way before me but when I get the nikon gear i will still be better just because of the name on the body =P

hahah .. name doesnt account for much .. unless the specs are equivelent ..

peter Wrote:
dewy Wrote:Yes, you will probably own them a long way before me but when I get the nikon gear i will still be better just because of the name on the body =P

hahah .. name doesnt account for much .. unless the specs are equivelent ..
Specs:
Brand: Nikon
Comparison Brand: Canon
err hold it right there now! I tihnk I found a winner, haha.
I am ending this here in case some one turns this into a flam war and I think it is time to put this back on topic.

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

it could possibly turn into a war ...
but what sort of weapon is a nikon ?

okay .. bad joke ...

I am making the move to CS and Nikon Capture, and I KNOW for certain I will have heaps of questions. I was hoping to get a small list of people using it and "bug" them from time to time while I navigate myself through the programs etc.

Those of you who unknowingly replied, will become my new best friends. lol lol.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

peter Wrote:it could possibly turn into a war ...
but what sort of weapon is a nikon ?

okay .. bad joke ...

You ever seen the movie Hackers?

jericho Wrote:I am making the move to CS and Nikon Capture, and I KNOW for certain I will have heaps of questions. I was hoping to get a small list of people using it and "bug" them from time to time while I navigate myself through the programs etc.

Those of you who unknowingly replied, will become my new best friends. lol lol.

I already noticed that, har har Big Grin

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

I've been using CS for about 6 months now.. I used PS 7 before that. I've learnt a lot about the program, but not nearly as much as I'd like to. I'm still not quite comfortable with using some of the features CS has to offer.

If you have any questions though, I'll be happy to look. Smile I don't guarantee answers but I'll look.