Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anyone print with harvey norman? (aussies)

Has anyone printed anything with Harvey Norman before? Just looking at their website, and their prices are pretty good- 0.29c 4x6's.
Just wondering if the quality was up to scratch or not worth my time? They also do canvas printing for a really good price.
Hmmm. Might have to go down there and see if they can show me some samples or something....

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

I got a couple of 4x6's printed there last time.
I wasn't happy.
Firstly, everyone was too busy to come help me.
The pictures came out instantly, but were hidden in the cupboard under the computer - so after standing there for a while and asking for help (but they said they were busy) eventually one came and took them out of the cupboard for me.

I got the same prints done at rabbit photo and put them side by side.
There was a difference. In the colours.
AND at the egde of every photograph was a green line about half a millimeter.... not nice.

Maybe just the branch I went to (Morley) was rubbish.
Might be different over East. Try it out yourself - only 30cents for a definite answer Tongue hehe

but I know, that I'm never printing there again! Smile

hi

than happen when they employ children to do the work. they get train in a day.

green/red lines: sometimes is becuase of light got into the paper roll container.
they do not calibrate tha machines in the moorning, only when the technician comes once a month.

my 2c

I thought the line at the end was just from the guillotine not being able to cut it a few mm earlier...

its a though call with getting your photos done at places like these. I called my local rabbit photo the other day to ask them if i needed to profile my photos a certain way to get they to look right. The poor girl on the phone didn't know what I was taking about so I justed asked what printer they used and went from there. I didn't end up getting the photos printed in the end. Halse in East Perth are ment to be very good, I know a few have have had work done there, and I remeber on their site they have the profiles for their printers.

Thanks guys, I should really stick the old 'if it looks too good to be true, it probably is' mentality, huh?

I found a good place in NZ that prints canvas's but I'm worried about the shipping costs and time it will take.

So true what you say about their service, I have been into a store before, so I know that its found lacking.
that Halse place looks good, they do a delivery service, and they even have a professional section (although that link doesn't seem to be working atm). that's why I'm looking around for a printer, I print my own at home, but when (if Tongue ) I start getting clients, I think I will want to get the enlargements printed somewhere that's good, and where I can upload them and have them delivered.
Thanks for the info guys.

I got my pictures printed at Rabbit Photo, I joined their membership thing, $10 for a year, then the prices are something like 39 cents per 4x6, $1 per 5x7, $2 per 6x8, $3 per 8x10, $4 per 8x12, something like that.
I asked girl at the counter for printer colour profiles and she said "Just save the file as JPEG".... !!! HAH Smile Then she went to ask the other guy who went to ask another worker who came to me and said "RED will come out RED, BLUE will come out BLUe and GREEN will come out GREEN"... GG. maybe I shouldn't be fussy.

LOL!!
They don't have a clue, do they?
yeah, I saw the good prices at Rabbit too. I think i'll join up, and there's a rabbit nearby, so I won't have to wait as long to get them back. And I can complain if I don't like them Tongue

I have had 12x18 prints from Morayfield near Brisbane that are Excellent! They sponsored a photo exhibition for me and I could not be happier, of course I dont know what other branches are like but this one is superb!

Also a member of the True Blue Aussie forum

http://www.users.on.net/~vmart/

I think it's just the Harvey Norman branch I went to in Morley. I've heard good things about the other Harvey Norman shops Smile

Anything I don't do at home I take to Fitzgeralds - but they are a pro shop and are more expensive than Rabbit, Harvey Norman, etc...

Canon stuff.

I think it comes down to the machine operators. If you happen to have a good one at the store, then you're in luck. I suppose if you go to a pro shop, you're more likely to find someone who knows what they're doing... Big Grin

adam Wrote:I got a couple of 4x6's printed there last time.
I wasn't happy.
It's probably just the store you went to. My local Harvey Norman used to use those old Fuji die-sub printers as you mentioned which are terrible quality and the photos always came out looking red, but now like most of the other stores they use a professional fuji printer. All the photos are sent from the machine kiosk to a big printer instead of printing at the kiosk. The price of photos is still the same and the quality is much better. The quality was very much the same as photos I have printed at Fletchers and Camera House. And they are cheaper at Harvey Norman too. So, for the price they are quite good.

danielkwood Wrote:All the photos are sent from the machine kiosk to a big printer instead of printing at the kiosk. The price of photos is still the same and the quality is much better.
Hey daniel (and welcome to Shuttertalk!) - I agree with you there. Some stores have two options with the kiosks - print instantly, which usually means lower quality; or pickup later, but they send the photos to the proper minilab printer out back.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post