Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Are There Any Drawbacks In Using Non-nikon Lenses

Hello All,
Are There Any Drawbacks In Using Non-nikor Lenses With Nikon Camera Bodies? I Am Currently Looking Into Purchasing The Tonkina 12-24 F4 For My Nikon D200. I Have Cpu Concerns And How This Lens Will React With My Camera.
Thanks,
Kadurf

I can't see there being any problems with not using original manufacturers equipment. Of course not all manufacturers are going to be as good quality though. You might want to read some reviews on different kinds.

Btw, welcome to shuttertalk.Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I shoot canon, my quality lenses are Sigma and I am very happy with the results.

There are some really good aftermarket lenses out there. Should not be a problem with your Nikon.

Canon stuff.

The Tokina 12-24 will work really well with the D200. The only issue might be if you insist on using AFS lenses - the Tokina (like all non-Nikon ldenses) doesn't have it. All other things such as light metering, auto-focusing etc. will work perfectly. I have been seriously looking at the Tokina 12-24 myself - seems to be a an excellent choice about half the cost of the Nikon 12-24.

I currently own the Tamron 90mm Di F2.8 macro and it behaves perfectly with my D200.

One of the advantages of the D200 in fact is its compatibility with even very old lenses.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post