Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Around My Yard

If you can stand a few more flower shots, here are some more from around my yard.

[Image: 2619446037_7c34458b85.jpg?v=0]

[Image: 2621821626_3cd9b2957d.jpg?v=0]

[Image: 2625671199_16d839b2e8.jpg?v=0]

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Wonderful pictures all of them Aine. I couldn't pick a favorite in this series.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Oooomama, yoofloatinmaboat! Big Grin

er...Rolleyes

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I don't normally go for flower photos, but #1 is just fantastic.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I think you "guilded the lilly" a little bit too much in that last one.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I'm with Matt here.. #1 is a real stand-out for me too! (and I'm not normally into flower photos either)

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Having a second look...yes, not so much of a "flower piccie" as a representation of a way of seeing(sort of)...I wonder if it's because the "heroic angle" ascribes a person-like quality to what is an inanimate object...?

(Why didn't I just say "anthropomorphism"?):|..

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Zig Wrote:(Why didn't I just say "anthropomorphism"?):|..
Because it would take too long? Big Grin

But Zig, you're right: the first one isn't a 'flower picture', it's a picture with the flower as a subject but with themes and emotion that goes far beyond a simple representation.

I wouldn't mind seeing the blown out area cloned away to more blue sky with wispy clouds, as it's distracting from the bloom, but everything else is perfect.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Lovely images Aine.

Canon stuff.

Oh how perceptive! While the lily and the hydrangea are really just pretty flower pictures, the sunflower is a special shot to me. Many significant events in my life have involved sunflowers in some way. It had been years since I planted any in my backyard, though, and just the week before, I had been saying to my daughter that I wish we had sunflowers again. One day I glanced in my backyard from my kitchen window, and there was this sunflower. I’d been too busy to even notice it was growing there, but there it was, all alone, a little ragged, a little battered, but standing tall. I was so excited I called my daughter at work to tell her. Like I said, it was more than just a sunflower to me. I appreciate all of your comments. Thanks.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by jjford43
Sep 11, 2017, 11:00