Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Assignment #15: Black and White

It's been a great collection of really diverse images in this assignment. I'm sure the next one will tank...

[Image: 84163316_c8e4dc8a95_o.jpg]

I titled this one "Toto". It's sad when I have to start borrowing other people's dogs... Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

So many good entries - well - let's give it one more try...

[Image: Saquaro%20sm.jpg]

Good lord!!! A Cacti forest!!!!! I didnt know such things existed.

Yes, it's 04:40 here in the UK, and I'm on NN's laptop again, in agony........... Sad

Cave canem

The Dump

[Image: thedumpSM.jpg]

Reliability for Life

[Image: reliabilitySM.jpg]

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

OK , 2 more:

[Image: IMGP5084.jpg]

[Image: IMGP5018.jpg]

It's a shame there isn't a competition running for the starter of the longest thread....You'd be winning by miles with this one, Matthew ! Big Grin Big Grin

Jan

Here we go again....Just beenchecking up on my PBase galleries and found these two from our visit to Planet Zig last year:

[Image: 52103392.jpg]

[Image: 52103391.jpg]

Rufus Wrote:Good lord!!! A Cacti forest!!!!! I didnt know such things existed.

Funny you should mention that - they only exist in a couple of very small areas of the world - this one is near Tucson, Arizona.

noisynoodle Wrote:It's a shame there isn't a competition running for the starter of the longest thread....You'd be winning by miles with this one, Matthew !

It's been great to see all the photos and discussions. This has been a lively assignment, and there's still plenty of room for more photos.

...but it all works out in the end. Sooner or later the assignment will be "Photograph your favourite Wheel of Fortune puzzle".

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

[Image: 100_0094.jpg]
Draco the Bearded Dragon

[Image: n634995401_1140635_1840.jpg]

From a recent nightclub shoot. Converted all the band shots to B&W, because the lighting was really bland and flat and monotone (mostly white and red). "Filtered B&W" effect in Picasa did a really nice job on this one in particular.

"I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them. So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
-Marcus Cole

One from my recent trip, taken on the so-called "loneliest road in America":

[Image: matthewpiers2007-9165576-9.jpg]

Taken in the butterfly garden.
Greta oto, its most common English name is glasswing, and its Spanish name is espejitos, which means "little mirrors."

[Image: IMG_6555-Edit.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

That's a fantastic photo. I've never seen a butterfly like it, and had to do a little reading to understand what I'm looking at. Very nicely done.

(I forgot I'd posted that photo of Highway 50 here too Rolleyes)

Great butterfly Irma - the wings are amazing.

Canon stuff.

Thanks Matt, Chris for your comments... Smile

This is the magic of the butterfly gardens, specially for us that we don't have exotic butterflies in our environment. They bring these and other different ones from south America. This is a very special one.

Yes, Matt, you posted your picture here, and I think it is a great addition to this assignement.. Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

There are lots of great assignments and challenges in this part of the forum, so I'm reviving an old assignment here.

A sombre day

This is the churchyard next to the River Thames at Marlow Bridge in Buckinghamshire, taken in April 2015:

[Pentax K-5 IIs; ISO 400; 15mm prime lens; Av Mode; f/11; 1/100s; +0.7EV; software editor - PaintShop Pro X6 ]

Let's have lots more contributions - any subject, as long as it's in mono. Critiques and comments are always welcome.

Cheers.
Philip