Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Assignment #82: Cars

Nice truck. It looks like a tug-boat.
- Paul Gross, on having a Hummer drive past during a sound check.

Cars are today's mythology. Our various societies and cities are built around them, where we live and work is determined by them, and they control the shape of our lives is in fundamental ways. They can be seen as mechanical marvels, perfected sculpture, self expression, freedom: or as many of the seven deadly sins in vehicular form. Pride, envy, gluttony, sloth... they consume resources while they open up vast possibilities.

They're also pretty.

Simple or complex, we all have relationships with cars. For this assignment, decide what you think of cars and make the photographs that show your opinions.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I've finally worked through a backlog of photos and have a few new ones that I took for this assignment. Three weeks ago.

[Image: 361923019_nWeFD-L.jpg]

[Image: 361922961_hhc8Z-L.jpg]

[Image: 361922824_JN3Kt-L.jpg]

[Image: 361923114_HeFWj-L.jpg]

And one old photo that I've dug out again:

[Image: 366937369_cERpe-L.jpg]

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

[Image: IMG_3518%20Resize%204%20Shuttertalk2.jpg]

An old beauty (with whitewalls no less) long abandoned.

From a $80,000 46 Ford Coupe Show car, spot the self portrait in there?

[Image: 46%20ford%20-%2010.JPG]

[Image: 46%20ford%20-%2020.JPG]

[Image: 46%20ford%20-%2022.JPG]

[Image: 125719d3.jpg]

[Image: Wedding_Car_by_sicklittlemonkey.jpg]

Alastair says "Visit My Blog?"

My 2nd favorite car is the Shelby Cobra.
I collect every die-cast model I can find at a good price, and thankfully Hot Wheels puts out a few new versions every year.

Saw this one on the highway a few days ago, and shot it through the windshield while going 60mph.
I think it's a valid way to shoot a car like this, since you'll hear it passing you before you ever see it anyway.
[Image: kak.shelbycobra3.jpg]

Besides, I already shot this same Shelby from the front at a car show last year...Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Browser Mike
Dec 12, 2016, 17:26