Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Assignment #92: Decay

Most subjects photographed are, just by virtue of being photographed, touched with pathos.
- Susan Sontag

Things that show the effects of age and abandonment are often fertile sources of inspiration for photographers. For this assignment there's no single subject or technique, but instead let's look at the overall theme of 'decay'.

Sometimes it's difficult to create new images to match a particular theme, so please share your favourite images. Naturally, new photos are always encouraged.

(And speaking of decay, some people may have noticed that the assignments have become less regular recently. While I doubt I will get back to posting them biweekly, I am aiming to have this be the first of a new monthly schedule.)

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

[Image: 2__MG_2126-copy-b&w-Resize-1.jpg]

This old remains of a wagon wheel is a decoration on a lawn in a suburban village near Toronto.

Some recent shots, all taken with the theme in mind:

[Image: 506623815_sbWH8-L.jpg]

[Image: 506571283_Xt34D-L-1.jpg]

[Image: 506571293_P7k9f-L-1.jpg]

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

First time posting, so I'm nervous about sizes and formats.

I shot this at a recent car show; it looked as if the former drag race beetle had been left to rot for some time before the current owner trotted it out for sale. Great patina, as the car people say.

[Image: tired-drag-tire.jpg]

Welcome to Shuttertalk. I really like the curves in this, and thanks for the story that goes along with it.

Great shots from Matthew of the flowers, love the simplicity of the background, colors and textures. These look like they should hang on one's wall.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Browser Mike
Dec 12, 2016, 17:26