Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

At the Lake

I dont have much to say about this photo. I did a little PP to it ( about all that i understand ). I really want to learn how to get the Sepia that Irma gets but for right now i think this will work ...

[Image: Arkabutla.jpg]

Tell me what you think . All i did was use the dodge tool in the water ( but to darken it ) , and resized it .

thanks for looking .......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

THe reflections are nice, but I think it needs a bit more... maybe enhance the gradient in the sky?

that might work but i dont know how to do all that LOL , I know the sky needs help.

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Banded Drake Wrote:that might work but i dont know how to do all that LOL , I know the sky needs help.
Depends on what you PP with. If it's Photoshop then try 'photoshop tutorials' in google or altavista.
There's a whole world out there.Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Hi BD, I think you should have put the shot into fix me up and made it a bit bigger. Its a great way to learn. I hope someone better than me will run you through the sepia conversion. I have only just started to play around myself so I will learn as well. Nice shot, I think the sepia would go well and as ST said a gradient for the sky would work!

cheers

ok I hope you don't mind.........I had a little play Smile

This may not be the right way........but hey its an easy way.

Open in photoshop
Go to new layer........hue/saturation
with the box open click on colorize
now run the hue slider down to around 30
the saturation down to about 26.

You can play around with these settings to your own taste. This is just a cheap and nasty way, don't ask me about duo tones etc..........Big Grin

[Image: Arkabutla1.jpg]

Hi BD Smile

I agree with Russ about having your picture in the fix me up forum... If it were possible to have the original image in bigger size it is much better, so we could start from fresh...

I like your image and I would love to work with it... and well, if you like the result I would be more than happy to show you how I did it Smile

Very nice pp Russ... I like the hue in your conversion Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hello to you all,

I will post it in fix me up . I didnt think to put it there . Thanks for the input i was trying to get more of a syloete ( sp ) . And i think i just blew it out . My PP skills arent good at all and am still working on the little things .

I like what you did to it Russ. Good job...

I am having problems with a bigger size on the fix me up area . I will have to try later .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by czkid
Feb 13, 2015, 05:42
Last Post by vlad
Apr 19, 2013, 12:11