Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Attempt at Posting!!

Bowden Loch, Scottish Borders. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

(Jul 29, 2013, 13:01)EdMak Wrote:  Bowden Loch, Scottish Borders. Ed.

Woahhh Smile this is one nice image EdMrak. Few comments that I'm sure it is more on the post processing and not from how you capture the image. Try to flip it horizontally placing the tree to your left and going to right that is free from space. It is like more of giving the image a very non tight situation (i felt seeing the image). Flipping it in photoshop horizontally can create an ambiance of free space after a not to crowded situation (like reading from left to right). Clouds highlight probably a few details or somewhat control its temp and giving another shade/temp to your field with the adjustment tool. Play with highlights, shadows and contrast might give you another awesome image. Forgive me, totally not quite sure if I explain correctly or can achieve on your Raw image.
Other than that the composition and framing of an image is superb and the reflection of the view gives awesome taste to viewers (quite a fan for reflections here).

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Thank you. I tend to show, as taken, any enhancement, as I would be capable of doing in the Darkroom. I did try different clouds, but did not look the same, they were local clouds. Flipping, would, to me, be putting the Plate/Negative, in the enlarger, wrong side up. Have done so, in error, and at least once, let the print slip through to customer, stupid. Died in the wool 50's trained!! The hills are a landmark, the site of a Roman Fort, Trimontium, (3 mountains), now The Eildon Hills. Regards. Ed.

Awesome photo, I really like the color intensity. The location is also really cool - I'm currently reading a book about the history of the Roman Empire, and it's really amazing to see just how advanced they were for their time.

Wow! This is so cool! Thanks for posting!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Nice image, Ed, well composed, I think. Bit on the green side for my liking but a good shot all the same.

Thanks for taking the time to view, and comment. Ed.

(Jul 29, 2013, 13:01)EdMak Wrote:  Bowden Loch, Scottish Borders. Ed.

Very nice Ed. The fringing is gone. The greens a fully saturated. Great!! Love the addition of the clouds. Definitely no yellow cast. Great image. Hal

Thanks Hal. Help and time appreciated. Regards. Ed.

(Aug 1, 2013, 12:58)Dean Wrote:  Nice image, Ed, well composed, I think. Bit on the green side for my liking but a good shot all the same.

Ed, I agree with Dean - this is a nice image. In particular, I like the reflection. However, the greens do seem too strong somehow, giving the vegetation an unnatural appearance, in my opinion.

Philip

Thanks. ON my monitor, use Photoshop to calibrate, it is, as seen, as are the A3 Prints I have had printed.
Interesting, as I have had a discussion with Hal, touching on this subject. Ed.

(Dec 26, 2013, 13:34)MrB Wrote:  
(Aug 1, 2013, 12:58)Dean Wrote:  Nice image, Ed, well composed, I think. Bit on the green side for my liking but a good shot all the same.

Ed, I agree with Dean - this is a nice image. In particular, I like the reflection. However, the greens do seem too strong somehow, giving the vegetation an unnatural appearance, in my opinion.

Philip

Phillip and Dean, I'm putting in my two cents worth here: I have to disagree with you on Ed's Image. I think it is just right, but then I see in bright crisp colors every where I go. Hal

Horses for courses, Hal. I just said it was a bit too green for me. Fortunately we don’t all have the same preferences.

(Dec 27, 2013, 06:01)Dean Wrote:  Horses for courses, Hal. I just said it was a bit too green for me. Fortunately we don’t all have the same preferences.
Ain't that the truth. This would be a very boring world and forum if we all thought the same and had the same visions. I come to the forum to see all of the differences. HalSmile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by leskent
Aug 17, 2015, 10:45
Last Post by PhotoPlay
Sep 11, 2013, 01:01