Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

croc man is dead

the Croc man is dead...

"Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin has been killed in a stingray attack near Cairns on Australia's far north coast.
It was believed Irwin had been swimming off the coast of Cairns when he was stung.

"It is understood he was killed by a sting-ray barb that went through his chest," Brisbane's Courier Mail reported this afternoon.

Irwin was best known for his documentary series "The Crocodile Hunter".

He was born in Victoria and found his love of animals after following in his father's footsteps, volunteering his services to the Queensland Government's East Coast Crocodile Management program.

He spent years living on his own in the mosquito infested creeks, rivers and mangroves of North Queensland, catching huge crocodiles single-handed.

In June 1992, he married American Terri Raines after they met when she visited Irwin's Australia Zoo.

The 44-year-old is survived by his wife and two children, Bindi and Robert. "
from yahoo

I just heard... shocking news!!!

It's pretty tragic and unfortunate... Sad

Incredible - at least he died doing what he loved.

Canon stuff.

A great Australian and will be sadly missed by us all.

Wow - news to me. Sad

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Heard this on the radio in the car this morning, shame for his wife & kids.
Just shows, you should live every moment like it were your last.

Alastair says "Visit My Blog?"

He certainly did that while he was alive!

so sad.

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Sad, I enjoyed his shows.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

He was / is my fav. I am sad to hear the news . I have to agree though , at least he died doing something that he truely loved . Sad

......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I just heard this report on CBC. My condolences to his family, and all of this friends, fans, and crew.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Too young. Terrible news.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

My friends and my wife and I were talking about him this weekend. Sad for a young fellow, 44 it said, and the latest report I heard was he was swimming over the ray, when it shot the barb into his chest, and pierced his heart.
Condolences to his family.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

this just blew me away.......thoughts go out to his family.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post