Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Australian Photography Courses

G'Day,

I'm looking to do a photography course in Western Australia (Perth), but I'm having little luck finding something advertised on the internet. I've got a fair bit of experience with both underwater and landscape photography, but I'm looking to move onto something different, like glamour photography. Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

G'day Brad... I've been looking as well, although in Melbourne. Here's a useful resource:
http://www.buy-n-shoot.com/edu.asp

You can search by states...

Let us know how you go!

Jules

I've been to 2 of the Fastrack events held at PRA;

http://www.fastrackphotoschool.com/

Rob spoke for about an hour, then the rest of the time was taking photographs.

Hi Brad,

The only place you will find that kind of course is with the above link of Adam's. In 4-6 months I will have a permanent studio and be running small workshops myself with groups of 6-8 at most. Stay tuned if you're interested.

Cheers,

Jamie

Wow, thanks for the replies! I'll definitely keep my eye out, thanks very much.

Brad

J... Any chance of a workshop for us Shuttertalk members? lol...

Don't forget us when you're big and famous! Big Grin

J.. I'm sure I could, how many active members is there from WA at the moment though? 6? Might be a small workshop Smile

I'd be willing to fly down for a workshop! Big Grin

Yes but would your wife let you? Wink

hi

sign me in.....

uuhmmm... gold refector? sunset?

conditions: model must be beatiful....joke

take care

christian

The models are always beautiful, I can meet any criteria specified, just pick something and I'm sure I already have shots of someone!

How about some punk?

[Image: CRW_4787.jpeg]

uuhmmm blondes?

hehehehe

hi

talking about models I did this shoot the other day....

[Image: cb2.jpg]

[Image: 97_cb.jpg]

natural light, gold refector...oohh some diffuse glow

byeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Í get scared when I see pictures;
I'm at uni, in the library,and what if a naughty picture comes up! Smile

hahaha

She is lovely Christian, I like the framing.

Naughty pics Adam? I doubt it, Jules watches things like a hawk, I had a nipple slip ages ago and he cropped it for me Smile

what naughty?

where where?

goosh? hehehehe

yes she is very nice....i like to compose with a frame if possible. hey do you have any model that i might use? let me know

Thanks

regards

Christian

I am always watching. Cool

Big Grin

G'Day again,

StudioJ, I take it that's your site (the fastrac one)? Looks like I missed the last course on studio lighting, is there going to be another one on soon? That's exactly the sort of thing I was looking to learn Smile

Cheers,

Brad

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

- Albert Einstein

Hey Brad,

No Fasttrack belongs to PRA and Studio 268. I haven't run any courses (well not these kind anyway!)

I'm pretty sure they have one a week on different subjects, I did their Glamour/Lingerie workshop a while back and it was ok, considering it was so expensive and a "small" group (12 or so people) trying to actually push your way in to shoot with the model was hard work.

Cheers - it did seem a touch over the top price wise, but I can't really see any other way to learn how to do studio photography hands-on. By the way, you said you don't run these courses - do you run some other ones?

Cheers,

Brad

- Albert Einstein

I went out to PRA Imaging this morning to have a look. The sign on the wall said they open at 10, but I was there at 10:20 and it was still closed. Must've caught them on a bad day.

Cheers,

Brad

- Albert Einstein

Must have slept in the lazy buggers!

Sorry Brad, missed your reply before. I used to teach when I was younger but all IT related stuff nothing photographic. Its in the blood though.

J,

I had a quick look around this forum the other day, and you've got some pretty neat pictures. I'll second what Jules said - any chance for you coming up with a studio workshop? Smile

Cheers,

Brad

- Albert Einstein

Thanks, I'd love to Brad but I need to sink another 10k into getting everything ready including props, insurance, light modifiers and go over course material. I am thinking though in May or June to have a handful of people interested come and do a few dummy runs to see how it goes.

No probs, keep up the good shooting! Smile

Cheers,

Brad

- Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
May 21, 2017, 10:52