Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

B&H Photo

Do any of you out-of-towners order gear from B&H in New York? I've heard they ship internationally, and their prices are tough to beat. I've gotten much of my gear there.

I didn't realize it, but they also carry home theater equipment. I was shopping around for new flat-panel televisions for my office, and ended up ordering them from B&H - at an average price of $200 less than what Wal-Mart is charging! If you don't know Wal-Mart, they are considered the rock-bottom super value store in the US, but apparently B&H does enough volume on camera, video, and home entertainment gear to blow Wal-Mart away!

I haven't ordered from them, but have been tempted to. The postage to Oz is about $40 USD, but still comes out a bit under prices here for certain items. However, the lure of ebay has won me over every time Smile I think if I were to buy a big ticket item though, I'd defintely purchase locally for the service and after sales support.

From what I've read, they're the most reliable and reputed internet/mail order stores out there...

They are very good as a photo etailer. So is Adorama.

And the beauty is...no duty on photo equipment shipped to Canada. And now that our $ is worth 85 cents US - it is becoming more attractive every day to cross border shop.

I saved $350 on my Nikon 80-200 F2.8 zoom over local the store price.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Jul 14, 2020, 09:55
Last Post by Barbara G.
Mar 12, 2020, 04:53