Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Back from the Wilderness!

Hey Guys,

Sorry for being so quiet lately, but I've been on part 2 of my little trans-Australia holiday adventure!

As you may remember, I went up to Kununurra for a week several weeks ago (far north western Australia)... That little holiday was shortly followed by a fortnight trip to Tasmania (far south eastern Australia).
Well, you couldn't really pick two places in Australia that contrast so much, yet have so much natural beauty about them.
Within a week I went from swimming every day in consistently beautiful weather and sleeping with all the windows open in Kununurra...... to snow!

But I'm originally from Tasmania, so it was a trip "home" for me to catch up with my family and chill out (literally)... but it was the first time my DSLR had been down there, so I was determined to get out and shoot a bit.
I guess I was a little disappointed in a way because I *know* how beautiful some of the remote parts of Tassie can be, but I didn't have the time or means to get there and take the shots I wanted to during this trip (mainly around the west coast). But I did get some shots of things closer to home that I was really happy with, not just because they show a glimpse of what Tassie can be like, but also because they are shots of the places I grew up in and around so they have a lot of meaning to me.

I'll post a few of my favourites, but I'll try to be a bit more restrained than with my Kununurra shots Wink

Anyway, although I had one of the best little holidays I've had in a long time, its also good to be home again (in Perth, my new home) Smile

I hope you've all been well while I've been away Smile

Cheers
Adrian

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Hello! Big Grin

Cave canem

G'day buddy - great to hear that you had heaps of fun. Were you touring in your Kombi? Big Grin

Looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing the stories... Big Grin

We Want Pictures!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Oct 2, 2012, 05:19
Last Post by nia
Aug 30, 2011, 00:32