Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bags: Economical Solution

I went into Bentleys and bought a heavy duty napsack for $30. The bag holds all my lenses in pockets within the center pocket with room for the camera body and lens at the bottom of the pack and plenty of zippered pockets for gadgets.

(forgive my product photo--it' not my best skill)

[Image: mybackpackcaseSM.jpg]

Then last week I saw a small utility tool belt put out by Case Logic. And I said to myself wouldn't it be neat if I didn't have to lug this backpack around in the field and would have quick access to my lenses and flash. The tool belt fits around my waist and has pouches for all three lenses (in their soft cases) and my flash.

Better yet, the tool belt folds and fits directly into the napsack so all my lenses are in one pull out place inside the napsack for bicycle and bus travel.

Am I a genius or what.

[Image: utilitybeltSM.jpg]

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Just be carefull when you carry your belt not to drop anything if you bent over or squat or whatever.

Uli

I tried putting my lenses round my waist, fastened to my belt with loops.
I had to stop when my trousers got to half mast.Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

This is like a carpenter's tool belt. The lenses aren't as heavy as hammers. I have to be carefuul when I bend--you are right.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by a2zidxdotcom
Mar 30, 2014, 03:50
Last Post by spareno
Sep 4, 2013, 08:14