Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canon working on 3D?

The rumour mill is working overtime again, this time with Canon working on a mid-pro model that fits in between the 1D Mk III and 5D - the Canon 3D.

Most notable feature is the full frame sensor...

[Image: canon-1ds-m3-side.jpg]

http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/01/22/rum...placement/

Couldn't find anything about a 3D, but I did find this about the 450D.

http://www.canon.com.au/about/press_room..._1858.html

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

The 3D looks like an interesting idea. It's probably not a popular opinion, but I've never liked the idea of the "aps-c" cameras, and am pleased with the move back to the 35mm format.

On the other hand, the new Pentax designs and Rebel are also appealing little cameras, so I suppose there will be plenty of life in the smaller-sensor format for a while. Wink

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

It has definite interest to me.

Canon stuff.

Interests me... particularly after my 30D broke today Sad

If I get a 3D... it seems that I always lose zeros... 300D -> 30D -> 3D Big Grin haha

Just heard Canon are working on a D to replace the 3D when adam has saved up enough for it. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Big Grin

Adam, I'm sorry to hear about your camera -- but if you get tired of waiting, you can always shift over to Olympus and their E-3.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

matthew Wrote:Big Grin

Adam, I'm sorry to hear about your camera -- but if you get tired of waiting, you can always shift over to Olympus and their E-3.
BAHAHAHA

That sounds like the next step.
The "Canon D" sounds too ultimate.
Maybe go up a level to the E Tongue haha

It's actually just the metering on my camera that broke. I'll be using sunny16 today Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post