Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ballooning

Taken in the wee hours of the morning in the Yarra Valley Ranges - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

Original image:
[Image: print.jpg]

My attempt at being arty:
[Image: bal2.JPG]

What do you think? I'm sure some Shuttertalker could make it better somehow! Big Grin

Nice composition and exposure. I like original best (you lose the sunrise sky color in the others) - but all nice.

Thanks Toad... there was actually a guy standing in the middle of the picture, on the left, taking a picture. Didn't notice him as it was so dark... hehe I photoshopped him out Big Grin

Excellent. I wish I had a dollar for every person that I have photoshopped out of my photos. Like they never existed... Big Grin

Very much I am liking these images!

Smile

Cave canem

Beautiful Smile

I also like the original best - nice sunrise colours giving the picture more atmosphere.

Polly

Cool, thanks everyone... I'll refrain from being too arty next time Big Grin

Here is one that frequents the skies over my house every summer. This time it did fly very close over my house.
[Image: Sunset-balloon.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I never ever see those balloons...
Here's the closest I've got...
Sorry if it's off-topic... but, it's a balloon
[Image: CRW_8280%20(Small).jpg]

Has anyone taken photographs from the balloon in the air, that would be cool! Aerial shots!!
I'm sure there are some limitations, like, no ballooning in the city Sad haha

Thats gorgeous ST, I like the original best too, it has the glow around the basket which you lose in the second version.

Err Adam.. nice balloon.. Wink

Nice baloon adam! Big Grin

adam Wrote:Has anyone taken photographs from the balloon in the air, that would be cool! Aerial shots!!

I did get a few nice ones... especially because you go up before dawn, you get to caputre the beautiful morning glow as it emerges over the horizon.

[Image: DSCN2021.JPG]

[Image: DSCN2025.JPG]

[Image: DSCN2033.JPG]

[Image: DSCN2070.JPG]

I love these. I did like the first version of the first shot best. It has better color saturation.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Julian, awesome photos. I'm hoping to surprise the wife with a balloon ride for her birthday next summer.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

shuttertalk Wrote:Nice baloon adam! Big Grin

adam Wrote:Has anyone taken photographs from the balloon in the air, that would be cool! Aerial shots!!

I did get a few nice ones... especially because you go up before dawn, you get to caputre the beautiful morning glow as it emerges over the horizon.

These are fabulous, just FABULOUS!! Big Grin

Polly

The first one in your second set is awesome!! They are all great - that one is just my favorite.

These are incredible photos, Shuttertalk. Of the original two, the colour is my preference. The second one in your second group is OUTSTANDING!! Great work.

Regards,
peter

D70

Thanks everyone, for the compliments! It was nothing on my part really, I just pointed and clicked (lots)... the conditions were so perfect (morning light, morning mist, beautiful scenery) that one or two nice ones had to come out. Big Grin

Petographer Wrote:I'm hoping to surprise the wife with a balloon ride for her birthday next summer.

Colin, I'm sure you both will enjoy it thoroughly. Ooops, hope she doesn't read these forums.. Big Grin

Wow those are gorgeous shots, I have often wondered if it was worth going up in one now I think it is definitely!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by navis01
Oct 5, 2008, 17:37
Last Post by smarti77
Jul 24, 2007, 20:07
Last Post by Petographer
Oct 2, 2004, 11:05