Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Free plugins

Someone on a (uk) board has posted a link to free plugins. I've just been there and had a look - some of them seem quite interesting. I've only d/l the 2 erasers myself and I'll try to give them a whirl when I have more time.

I thought others might like to have a look and see what's there, see if there's anything they can use in whatever software they have. I think they're compatible a few other proggies as well as PS, PSP

Here's the link

Polly

Polly Wrote:Someone on a (uk) board has posted a link to free plugins. I've just been there and had a look - some of them seem quite interesting. I've only d/l the 2 erasers myself and I'll try to give them a whirl when I have more time.

I thought others might like to have a look and see what's there, see if there's anything they can use in whatever software they have. I think they're compatible a few other proggies as well as PS, PSP

Here's the link

I just remembered another link from the same chap. He's more into graphic design and composites then photography these days but he usually points to some good freebies.

Here's his other link

Polly

Thanks Pol!

I'll try one or two of these, I think!

Big Grin

Cave canem

Rufus Wrote:Thanks Pol!

I'll try one or two of these, I think!

Big Grin

I played with 'posterize' for a while this afternoon. It's quite good, you might like to try it for yourself.

Pol

Pol I've installed the Eraser plugins, but it won't let me use them, asking for an Alpha channel. Added one via channels palette but to no avail. Am I missing sumfink. Is yours OK?

'S' aka Stephen
My Personal Galleries

'S' Wrote:Pol I've installed the Eraser plugins, but it won't let me use them, asking for an Alpha channel. Added one via channels palette but to no avail. Am I missing sumfink. Is yours OK?

I tried that one too but not for long. I had the same problem as you when I added the channel - just got a black canvas. I'm not so good with those channels so I tried another method - here's what I did.

I opened to picci ----> select all ----copy. next I closed the original file altogether, went to file/new and started with a blank canvas, paste/copied the original onto that and found I was able to play with the eraser that way . It works as long as you don't flatten the new layer onto the blank canvas.

TBH - I'm hoping Tommy or one of the other PS experts will go for the plugins too then maybe they'll post some tweaks, methods and ideas with the plugs, including the erasers.

Failing that - maybe Slejhamer, StudioJ, Toad or one of the others in here can help suss what's going on.

I wondered if the erasers might be useful for very fine details such as removing backgrounds more easily behind wisps of hair.

I'm also hoping Tommy might drop into the thread in the 'purple place' and comment, give some examples and/or tips and tricks with some of the plugins.

Fingers crossed and we''ll see what develops.

Pol

I've just had another quick try with the eraser. I opened the file, selected all the cut/pasted the image back onto the white canvas. Quicker than fiddling about with a new file, as I described in my previous posting (above)

I used the eye dropper, the one in the eraser plugin, selected the blue from the sky then tweaked the sliders, increased the tolerance. Only took a few seconds and here's the end result. Still need to learn more about it but I reckon this plugin has potential for cutouts etc.

[Image: sample.jpg]

Pol

Mmm, thanks Pol, better have another look then Big Grin

'S' aka Stephen
My Personal Galleries

'S' Wrote:Mmm, thanks Pol, better have another look then Big Grin

Get the mehdi posterizer plugin too. I've explained how you might like to try it in the 'compare' thread.

Pol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by bridgette1967
Oct 31, 2018, 09:08