Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Batch directory renaming / moving using EXIF

Hey shuttertalkers...

Just got a bit of a puzzle to solve:

My Fuji transfer software organises images by creating folders based on the date you upload photos. I want to do a reorg so that images are put into folders based on the date they were taken (i.e. EXIF date).

Does anyone know any software that can scan through mutliple folders, read the EXIF time, and then create the destination directories and move images there?

TIA

Thats rather interesting, I'm pretty sure from Windows 2000 onwards it actually had the exif data available through windows explorer, I know there are extra columns there you can add, I have "date picture taken" or something similar as one of mine.

Maybe its the way the Fuji pulls data off as well.

No, J.. the EXIF data is still there. I just want to reorganise all my images.. preferably not by hand. Wondering if there's a tool to do it Big Grin

They get out of control pretty quick eh?

I had to update to a DVD burner just because I was sick of constantly burning cds. Afraid I don't know anything decent for sorting photos, I still do it all by hand after many hassles with Canon's Zoombrowser packing it in.

I wouldn't mind knowing of any good organisational tools though too.

Such a tool would be nice, to just set it to sort all images into folders by date it was taken!
I haven't come across such a tool yet (haven't really looked for one), but here's a good prorgramming assignment to do!! *hint to Peter, Shuttertalk, Lak, Dewy and all other computery people*

I feel your pain. Organizing hundreds of photos is one of the biggest problems we face. My A2 has the option to do what you want automatically - saving photos in folders named by date (I use that option). I just move those folders "as-is" directly to my hard drive. I wish all my cameras did that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Apr 18, 2016, 09:45
Last Post by snaphappy
Aug 2, 2015, 15:31