Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Batteries for Canon

I remember someone - and I think it was Rufus - saying that he got third party batteries for a Canon camera for ~GBP 9 and they were fine.

I'm curious where I would get cheap batteries and what other peoples experiences are with them!

uli

With my picnic portable Canon S40 - the after market batteries are far far superior to the official Canon batteries.

While it's not a Canon experience, I bought a generic silver battery for my olympus, and it lasts longer than my eight-month-old original battery does. (It really is generic. There's no name on it anywhere.) I've heard other horror stories; Amazon's reviews are a good place to find them if you're considering an actual brand. So, proceed with caution, but there are some real gems out there.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Maybe try e-bay or even better go to photography-on-the-net and ask in their buy/sell section. Guranteed someone will come back with info.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I've seen them on ebay.
I got mine from Eastgear - which seemed a bit more expensive than the ebay ones :O but they work great (meaning that they fit in the battery compartment and don't die fast Tongue)

I can't tell you the brand of aftermarket batteries I used to use (coz I don't have them anymore! lol) but I have only ever had good experience with them. I still do not understand why Canon would use shoddy batteries (which is what I call them) when such cheap aftermarket products are far superior. Makes no sense to me.

There are plenty of good ones out there though. Try a search for your battery model on google or e-bay and see what you come up with. SterlingTek sells some decent ones from memory.

That sounds pretty encouraging.
I've heard from a couple of guys how their cams got "blown up" by crappy batteries, but those were both Nikons.....

thanks for the info!

uli

I'm using aftermarkets in my rebel, much better than the canon ones. I got them for around $12 from http://www.sterlingtek.com

I got mine off ebay and they worked fine.

Canon stuff.

Actually, my original Canon has never let me down so far! It easily carries through a whole day of shooting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post