Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Beachtime shots

Hi guys,
I went down to my local beach today and took a few shots as the sun was setting and would appreciate some opinions on them.
Thanks! Beth

Attached Files Image(s)

(Dec 29, 2014, 15:53)bethanhearne81 Wrote:  Hi guys,
I went down to my local beach today and took a few shots as the sun was setting and would appreciate some opinions on them.
Thanks! Beth

have realised that the rock one is out of focus, uploaded the wrong image, i meant to attatch this!!

Attached Files Image(s)

Beth this is from my Chrome Book.
They all have potential, to me. Which one is your favourite. Will look at on PC tomorrow.
Are you UK based, or further afield. Ed.

To each his own!

(Dec 29, 2014, 16:48)EdMak Wrote:  Beth this is from my Chrome Book.
They all have potential, to me. Which one is your favourite. Will look at on PC tomorrow.
Are you UK based, or further afield. Ed.

Yeah UK based, can probably tell by the weather. I like the one with the piece of scrap metal and the first one, but whatever seems to have the most potential to you!
Thanks, Beth.

#1,2,4 and 5. Straighten the horizon.
Tip : If you drag the whole window slowly down to the bottom, and use the pc frame to see the levels.

#3 I like this one. If you stop down (make the f/ no. higher, thus making the aperture smaller, the depth of field will be greater.)
You would most likely have the water drops in focus too.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

(Dec 29, 2014, 20:59)NT73 Wrote:  #1,2,4 and 5. Straighten the horizon.
Tip : If you drag the whole window slowly down to the bottom, and use the pc frame to see the levels.

#3 I like this one. If you stop down (make the f/ no. higher, thus making the aperture smaller, the depth of field will be greater.)

Thanks will try that!!

Very interesting series!

There is a pic here, well worth another visit, try various settings, Sport, Landscape, etc. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Lovely. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Another Goodie?? Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Complete with Artifacts!! Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

(Dec 30, 2014, 02:29)EdMak Wrote:  There is a pic here, well worth another visit, try various settings, Sport, Landscape, etc. Ed.

Thanks - the beach is really close to where I live so I will definitely go back!!
Beth Smile

(Dec 30, 2014, 02:44)EdMak Wrote:  Lovely. Ed.

Yes I like this one!
Thanks, Beth Smile

(Dec 29, 2014, 20:59)NT73 Wrote:  #1,2,4 and 5. Straighten the horizon.

Thanks - I am really not very good at post processing - all of the images i tend to upload are as taken just smaller sized file as can't upload the original jpeg. I will sort out the horizons and may go back to the beach to sort out the rock photo.

Thanks! BethSmile

(Dec 30, 2014, 03:34)EdMak Wrote:  Another Goodie?? Ed.

I like it but the colouring seems slightly off? might just be my computer -
Thanks - BethSmile

(Dec 30, 2014, 03:51)EdMak Wrote:  Complete with Artifacts!! Ed.

Would you be able to tell me what you did with this? As I would like to try it with the original image - assuming you did it on photoshop - I have a free trial so should be able to do what you did.
Thanks, BethSmile

The Goodie, using Camera Raw, and, Tint/Temperature, you should be able to get as you want. Download my version, and go from there.
Artifacts, well I have no set procedure really, just use anything to get what I want to see, again, Camera Raw, can do a lot. But there are a lot of Filters etc, in Photoshop. Trial and error, and, Practise. Main thing is to remember and save with a different name, the processed Pic, DO NOT, overwrite the Original, if in doubt, work from a copy. I found that out the hard way!!
Sharpening, I use Unsharp Mask there are other ways, should be, to me, the last thing you do, with Image at 100%.
Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

(Dec 31, 2014, 03:23)EdMak Wrote:  The Goodie, using Camera Raw, and, Tint/Temperature, you should be able to get as you want. Download my version, and go from there.
Artifacts, well I have no set procedure really, just use anything to get what I want to see, again, Camera Raw, can do a lot. But there are a lot of Filters etc, in Photoshop. Trial and error, and, Practise. Main thing is to remember and save with a different name, the processed Pic, DO NOT, overwrite the Original, if in doubt, work from a copy. I found that out the hard way!!
Sharpening, I use Unsharp Mask there are other ways, should be, to me, the last thing you do, with Image at 100%.
Cheers. Ed.

Than you! BethSmile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post