Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Beautiful Demoiselle

I took these images of a "Beautiful Demoiselle" along side of the River Test
It was hard trying to get focus as it kept flying off.

Attached Files Image(s)

Canon EOS 650D with 18-55 kit lens/ 75-300 zoom/ 100-400 zoom
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125137869@N08/

And here is another.
The blue/green colours really shine in the sunlight

Attached Files Image(s)

Beautiful images and full marks for patience. Sometimes you feel like nailing the little blighters down, don't you?

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed.”
Ansel Adams

If you are wanting critique, can you provide some info from your settings you were using on these as well as the camera/lens used? This might be helpful for the others to give you more precise critique.

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Lol yes, I did think about superglue.
I have read a bit of a controversial subject about putting insects and reptiles in freezers for so many seconds or minutes. It slows the metabolism down so that the subject hardly moves. It then gets put back into its natural environment where the photograph can be taken. It has to be said that I would never do this!

(Oct 27, 2013, 07:32)Barbara G. Wrote:  If you are wanting critique, can you provide some info from your settings you were using on these as well as the camera/lens used? This might be helpful for the others to give you more precise critique.

SmileSmileSmile

And could you keep your software from stripping the EXIF data?

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
D2Xs, D200's, D100's, LightRoom, CS-CC
2HowardsPhoto.biz

I am relatively new to the forums.
If I am doing something to upset the system, let me know!
I haven't a clue what stripping the EXIF is ???
Come to think of it, I do clear the reply box when I reply!!!!
Is this wrong ??

Is it the shuttertalk system that is stripping out the exif data. I did wonder.

(Oct 30, 2013, 08:29)Dean Wrote:  Is it the shuttertalk system that is stripping out the exif data. I did wonder.

No, there are plenty of other images I can extract the EXIF data directly from the posted image.

There is a fairly large amount of data about the image that is contained in the file.
It's referred to as Exif (Exchangeable image file format).
It contains the camera, lens, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, editing software used, and a whole lot more.

johnnytrout;
What software are you using?

2HowardsPhoto.biz

I did respond about this in an earlier post.
Until recently I did not know about the information stored within the photos.
Over the last few months I have stored a large amount of images and whilst cropping them and then saving them to appropriate folders, I have lost the information on them.
I have originals of which I take the info off, and have just started pasting them here along with the images.
I use Paint Shop Pro X4.
So my question is ........How do I keep the information if I copy the image to a new folder, but retain the original in another?
And should I carry on with P.S.Pro or use the Canon software?
I need some guidance here please

(Oct 30, 2013, 11:45)johnytrout Wrote:  I did respond about this in an earlier post.
Until recently I did not know about the information stored within the photos.
Over the last few months I have stored a large amount of images and whilst cropping them and then saving them to appropriate folders, I have lost the information on them.
I have originals of which I take the info off, and have just started pasting them here along with the images.
I use Paint Shop Pro X4.
So my question is ........How do I keep the information if I copy the image to a new folder, but retain the original in another?
And should I carry on with P.S.Pro or use the Canon software?
I need some guidance here please

I'm not a user of Paint Shop, but I expect that there is an option when you're saving/exporting an edited image to write the Exif data.

As to which software to use, that's like asking what brand car should I drive.

It's really a matter of personal preference. Most software has free 30 day demos you can download to see if you like them.

I've seen and heard some really good things about Canon's DPP, which is probably what you're referring to.

I've seen good and bad results from just about everything out there.

Personally, I've used Picasa for a number of years. It's from Google,and it's FREE.
It resolves the RAW files from my Nikons, which is not typically available in low end editing software.
And, along with that, it has integrated web albums.

For paid work, I've got LightRoom 4 and PhotoShop CS6.
Soon to be LightRoom 5 and PhotoShop Creative Cloud.

2HowardsPhoto.biz

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by snaphappy
Jul 22, 2015, 04:33