Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bikes n Babes

Hi folx,

Just thought I'd put up a gallery of some of the shots that didn't make it into the current calendar, some of these are used for promotion as well as being sold as laminated posters autographed by the girls at events where we market the calendar.

J

PS: Guess it would be handy if I actually posted the link before I click Submit

Bikes n Babes

It;s rare that I see a subject handled so artistically and sensitively. Bravo maestro!

The pictures are beutiful, no doubt. But, as always with this subject, I'd rather see more of the bike than of the girls. I really hate when a girl obscures a beautiful bike!

I'd rather have the bike lying on the girl. Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Heh I'm not sure what to make of that comment Toad!

And guerito unfortunately sex sells better than bikes do, I think the girl would get squished. I do have a series of posters we did up of purely the bike but they are around 1/4 as popular as the ones with the girls and about 1/2 that of the whole shots with girl and bike, silly eh?

guerito Wrote:I'd rather have the bike lying on the girl. Smile

Big Grin

Great shots J. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

StudioJ Wrote:Heh I'm not sure what to make of that comment Toad!

And guerito unfortunately sex sells better than bikes do, I think the girl would get squished. I do have a series of posters we did up of purely the bike but they are around 1/4 as popular as the ones with the girls and about 1/2 that of the whole shots with girl and bike, silly eh?
Seems like I won't be able to make anymoney out of this part of photography because atm if a girl sees me she will run away, Image if she is posing almost naked on a bike and I walk up with a camera! haha, I can't begin to think what would happen =P

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Didn't post many comments, did most of my commenting on the images them selves =)

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

I keep telling ya, Jamie, you should've had me modelling! Those calendars would've been off the shelves faster than they could keep up with the printing. I mean - nice young ladies are two a penny but old posers like me are hard to find and not often willing to fly half way across the world in a swimsuit.

Nice pix though, considering you declined my offer Big Grin

Seriously - nice work for a commercial project and I'm in no doubt the calendars with the girls will sell better. I don't have a problem with models and products working together. I'm sure a good model must be a joy to work with - one who interacts with the photographer to weave a dream.

Polly

Great stuff Jamie... if that was the quality of the cast-offs, I can't wait to see the ones that DID make it into the calendar! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post