Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bird photography: Asian birds

Dear all

It might be helpful to start a separate, more specific thread for Asian birds which will I hope draw out some of your finest shots from your peregrinations.

I'll start with a couple from Singapore taken September 2014:
* Ashy tailorbird at MacRitchie Reservoir
* White crested laughing thrush at Bukit Batok Park.

To be honest I found shooting the Grand Prix easier than I quite often find shooting birds - at least you get up to 61 chances on 61 laps. Birds like these two on the other hand tend to be small, distant, in the shade, and sometimes flitting around. You only get so many chances. The Laughing Thrush has the added challenge of capturing that brilliant white head and breast. How do you do that? Horror of horrors, to get the speed you need for birds (and floodlit F1 as it happens), you are inevitably faced with higher ISO's which means noise. I feel there is so far to go with this area of photography and am holding my breath for your advices! I'll add some more images as we go along to give a more rounded sense of progress...Regards all, Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's an acrobatic flower pecker, Not sure I got the shot totally right but what a delightful gem...Regards Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

At the risk of stretching the point. Here's my contribution to 'Asian Birds'. It's very unlikely I'll ever go to Asia, but I unexpectedly found three such creatures when on a fleeting three day visit to Plymouth, Devon, England.

Of course, as always, done in 'the best possible taste' Big Grin (British humour)

Barbra, feel free to remove this if you want. Shy

Cheers all Angel

Phil.

Phil

Huh You must know that is totally inappropriate.

Only a Brit would do a thing like that.

However, birds of a feather...Big Grin

Cheers, Phil, Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

Getting back on track...this is not a specially wonderful photo but it is a specially wonderful Asian bird....Cheers...Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post