Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Birds...

Seeing as I'm shooting a lot of birds lately, I will start a birds thread here, similar to the "Lucky Again" cats thread. If you want to share any bird pictures, feel free to post them in this thread. You can also start your own, of course. Smile

Lookout

[Image: 05_07_12_img_1283-01.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Supermarket Kid

I think he's a young common swift. His parents chose to raise him close to the entry of our supermarket. Today, the parents were nowhere in sight. I believe he was just summoning up his courage to take flight, and to leave too.

[Image: 05_07_12_img_1317-02.jpg]

For more detail see the original size.

Very cute, I love bird shots

Imagine....

i have been chasing some Magpies around for a while . As soon as i catch them i will post them .
Lovely shots ..

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Cock-A-Doodle-Doo!!!

I finally managed to get one of the roosters while he's doing his thing... Smile

[Image: 05_07_14_img_1370-01.jpg]

Great rooster shot G. I'll have to get involved here. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks Colin! Can't wait to see your pics... Smile

Here is another one of this owl, they still keep me from sleeping. This time I couldn't get close enough, it's not really sharp and I had to remove a lot of noise. I need an external flash and night vision googles! Smile

[Image: 05_07_14_img_1434-01.jpg]

Another one, this time on the roof...

[Image: 05_07_14_img_1438-01.jpg]

And in the fir tree. I've been after them all over the place, I hope nobody has seen me. I must have looked rather crazy. Thanks God is was dark. Smile

[Image: 05_07_14_img_1442-01.jpg]

YAOI (Yet Another Owl Image)

We are out almost every night to take a shot of the owls. This time it worked quite well, with Irma's support. She held the torchlight that allowed me to focus. Much easier! And the bird didn't seem to mind. Smile

[Image: 05_07_16_img_1705-01.jpg]

This time again a link to the original size.

Petographer Wrote:Great rooster shot G. I'll have to get involved here. Smile

I got involved already Smile

[Image: P1120303seagull.jpg]

[Image: P1120306seagull.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I thoroughly enjoyed the rooster shot G.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

And now for some serious bird: The Eagle. We've been to Eekholt again, and are not too happy with our pictures (again), the sky was overcast and threatening rain. Anyway here is the eagle... Smile

[Image: 05_07_17_img_1837-01.jpg]

More excellent photos. The owl is just so cool. I also like the first gull shot Irma. Makes them look more cute than they normally appear. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Great tit

[Image: great.jpg]

Coal tit

[Image: coal.jpg]

Blue tit with a young'un asking to be fed

[Image: blues.jpg]

Polly

Thanks! Smile

The Friendly Owl

Here is another owl, this time taken in broad daylight at the wildlife park. I don't know why, but this picture makes me think of Donald Duck. Smile

[Image: 05_07_17_img_1746-01.jpg]

Excellent shots, Pol! They are cute!

Fantastiac pictures Polly Smile Wonderful colors... Are those special bird feeders? They look very nice Smile

Paul Cezanne

guerito Wrote:Excellent shots, Pol! They are cute!

Thanks. I'm loving your Owl shots!

As a matter of fact - I haven't seen an Owl since I was a child. We lived opposite a farm and spent most of our time playing there and we used to see them in the barns and outbuildings.

Pol

Irma Wrote:Fantastiac pictures Polly Smile Wonderful colors... Are those special bird feeders? They look very nice Smile

Just regular bird feeders we have scattered around the garden.

We have a lot of feeders, tables and nest boxes as well as places where we leave nuts for the squirrels. Several nests in the surrounding hedges and trees too but nothing in any of the boxes this year, apart from a wasps nest in a box where we usually get Robins. :o

Pol

More bird shots

A male Chaffinch

[Image: chaff_m.jpg]

... and this is a distant shot of a Collared Dove. I'd been setting up and focusing on the Dove, in the distance, when it decided to take off just as I pressed the shutter. I kept the shot because I kinda liked the 'ethereal' (or is it just plain weird) quality about it. Big Grin

[Image: colldove.jpg]

Pol

Those last two pictures you posted Polly are great!! The male Chaffinch has so vivid colors... The detail in your picture is very nice. The dove picture looks nice to me, I like it too Smile

The other day I got this one in the tree. I really don't know the name, but I like the hairdo Smile

[Image: P1130029bird.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:Those last two pictures you posted Polly are great!! The male Chaffinch has so vivid colors... The detail in your picture is very nice. The dove picture looks nice to me, I like it too Smile

The other day I got this one in the tree. I really don't know the name, but I like the hairdo Smile

That's a nice shot ..... of a female Chaffinch. The 'tufty' head distinguishes them. we have quite a lot of chaffinches coming and going in the garden - lots of young ones this year too so there must be a nest nearby.

Thanks Polly for your info... So I can have hope to get a picture of the male as well Smile

Paul Cezanne

Hmm, birds got one or two

[Image: worms2.jpg]

[Image: red-tailedhawk.jpg]

[Image: crow1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post