Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Blowing the trumpet for FUJI.

I believe if someone does something good they deserve credit for it.
After sending my camera to fuji and having it returned more or less as it went, I sent a strongly worded (polite but strong) letter to the manager of the repair dept, telling him exactly what was wrong with the camera.
This is almost impossible on the auto reply, contact us forms.
A few days later I received a pre paid, addressed bag and instructions to return camera , and also my credit card would be refunded with original costs.
Today I received my little baby in great working order.
So from deep disappointment to soaring the heavens.
Thank you Fuji UK Ltd. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Excellent that you have your camera repaired.

Btw, I just read, is this the one you had already given to the dogs?

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

That is the one Irma.
We sometimes say 'gone to the dogs' when something is broken. It does not mean we have given it to the chihuahua. Big Grin
It also has a new rear casing and glass LCD, and new controls.
[Image: old%20for%20new%20008.jpg]
I can take it in a shirt pocket, or in a little battery case I modified, or just hang it round your neck like a mobile phone. My wallet is heavier.:/

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Good to hear -- it's great when a company rescues a bad situation.

And having a shirt-pocket P&S is a nice alternative to a DSLR.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

matthew Wrote:Good to hear -- it's great when a company rescues a bad situation.

And having a shirt-pocket P&S is a nice alternative to a DSLR.
I think it is now obsolete, but it has a few manual settings like EV, and a eye viewfinder (handy in the dark). Cool

Lumix LX5.

There's no such thing as obsolete -- there's "takes pictures" and "doesn't take pictures". Every day I see photos that I like taken by cameras that I would have binned. And so much of what P&S cameras offer these days is a regression -- I would love a little optical finder on my Oly 770SW, but they just don't exist any more. I still think that my old 4mp Canon Elph took better pictures than it, too.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by cuilin
Jul 14, 2015, 05:22