Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Boat and Tire

[attachment=7267] Took this shot at low tide,the boat and tire are both sitting aground,F16 1/80s iso 360 fl/35mm...Hi you all give me your thoughts on this one... thanks Wes

Hello! I I can’t believe nobody commented yet...I thought this is the critique forum,give me your thoughts  please...thanks Wes...

For my eye the gap between the too is too great, shooting lower and from further to the camera's right would have brought the tire and boat closer together. I also feel the tire should be in focus if it is to be used in a direct comparison/juxtaposition with the boat.

(Apr 30, 2018, 07:48)EnglishBob Wrote:  For my eye the gap between the too is too great, shooting lower and from further to the camera's right would have brought the tire and boat closer together.  I also feel the tire should be in focus if it is to be used in a direct comparison/juxtaposition with the boat.

This shot was taken on a bank drop about 7 feet,I couldn't get any lower or closer to narrow the angle between the boat and tire.Maybe i can do it in Photoshop...Thanks Bob for your comments...Wes

On my monitor, seems a dominant blue cast.  Picture is not really sharp, try various settings on camera, same subject, evaluate results, go from there. Here is a P/S  edited version.  Cheers.  Ed. 

To each his own!

Looks great Ed...thanks for your comments and suggestions,next low tide I’ll go at it again...Wes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Dec 3, 2018, 21:16
Last Post by Jocko
Jun 14, 2016, 12:15
Last Post by webber
Nov 21, 2014, 09:28