Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Borderline Christian topic....

Why are some creatures warm-blooded, and others not? Any biology experts here?

Do you equate Heaven and Paradise?? Look carefully before replying. Are they the same place?

If there is to be a new Earth, (and Heavens), who is on it, and who rules who?

Why do we beleive that we go to Heaven, when someone clearly lives on the "new Earth"?

Do you visualise Heaven as a place like Earth? Most people do.........

Are the Andes.................................. No, sorry, that Molesworth. Please disregard.

Hello.
Big Grin

Cave canem

Bump!

Big Grin

Cave canem

Why are some creatures warm-blooded, and others not? Any biology experts here?
I'm not a biology expert, I never studied biology, I still don't understand the concept of having hot blood and cold blood Smile

Do you equate Heaven and Paradise?? Look carefully before replying. Are they the same place?
I don't equate heaven and Paradise. I think that Paradise is where all the good people went before Jesus died. Then when he died he went to pick them up.
Ahhh!! And in Mark 15:21, I see Rufus Smile (while looking for something else)
But after reading "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise", I'm not sure Smile

If there is to be a new Earth, (and Heavens), who is on it, and who rules who?
What is this concept of a new Earth? Well, on Earth, we will be on it, and God rules Smile

Why do we beleive that we go to Heaven, when someone clearly lives on the "new Earth"?

I still don't understand Sad

Do you visualise Heaven as a place like Earth? Most people do.........
No! The streets of heaven are gold Smile I'd imagine it's beautiful place, with huge buildings!

Are the Andes.................................. No, sorry, that Molesworth. Please disregard.
HAhah Smile

Why are some warm blooded and some cold? Why do some have wings and some legs?

Heaven vs Paradise? Hmmm... I've always thought that they're different things, but never bothered to find out much about the difference...

New Earth? Dunno man... you're confusing me again... But I think we say we 'go up' to heaven because I guess we assume we'll follow Jesus just as he 'ascended' to heaven after appearing to his disciples? But as to what 'up' or what direction Jesus 'ascended' to, I dunno... kinda like that map thing - we always have north pointing up, but it could well be down?

I'm not quite what to make of heaven. I know it's definitely not little baby cherubs with little wings and harps flying about in the clouds. I know that there will be no sickness or disease or sin in heaven. I reckon Adam's close with the buildings bit.
(in my father's house there are many rooms)

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

Many thanks for accepting this thread. It's a tough one. If you can stay with it for a while, I shall update it. I know it's confusing, and it isnt a trick. I'm confused by this too!!!
Here we go, update no.1/

2Pe 3:13 But according to His promise, we look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth. For the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. And the sea no longer is.

Rev 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls. Respectively, each one of the gates was one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, as transparent glass.

It's only the city. Not Heaven in general which has gold........

Cave canem

I suspect we will never be tired or hungry in heaven. I mean if our bodies are perfect, it will never degenerate, so we won't need to sleep to recover, or eat to live. While I definitely will NOT be sleeping in heaven, I think I might indulge a little with the food! Big Grin

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Apr 21, 2006, 17:06