Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Brainstorming for website name!

Hello All

I am trying to get a cool website name for my photography.
I am having a hard time figuring out what domain name I should register.

I want the domain name to reflect something about "Photography".
Looking to brainstorm some keywords relevant to photography!

Can you help me with some keywords and I can mix and match them to see if I can come up with a cool name?

Cheers
Samy

Are you wanting your name in the keyword mix, too? Thanks for letting us know!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I would suggest that you use your name and just your name. I don't think you need fancy or clever names for your photography. You only need fancy and clever photography Smile
I chose a fancy name for my website and I don't like it that much anymore. Tongue

(May 14, 2013, 16:25)samyshah Wrote:  Hello All

I am trying to get a cool website name for my photography.
I am having a hard time figuring out what domain name I should register.

I want the domain name to reflect something about "Photography".
Looking to brainstorm some keywords relevant to photography!

Can you help me with some keywords and I can mix and match them to see if I can come up with a cool name?

Cheers
Samy
Sammy i's not exactly 'what name' should i dream up, but what name is available. I dreampt up a few i thought were good, then found they were all taken. My idea is to grab a really good name that's already in use and append something after it that is a bit unique and unlikely to be used but keep it simple. Works for me. The name i chose is available. I havn't registered yet as i'm not ready.
Thats my 2 bobs worth... jim t

If it's more of a personal website then adding your name is perfect. If it's not a personal website and you want more of a blog about photography then you should find an unique, catchy name that describes what you want to do with the site (photostuff.com, awesomemacrophotos.com, etc.). It doesn't really matter what name you choose, I feel that content is more important.

Thanks for all the inputs. More or less I do agree with all of you, that many a times having a catchy name does not work as much as having a personal name into your domain. That being said, we as photographers are artists and so maybe having a creative name also justifies our work Smile

Well after lot of consideration, I have currently registered www.photosandpixels.com
Will roll with it for some time and see how it goes Smile

Cheers
Samy

Cool name, good luck with it! I'd say you're off to a good start, it looks greatSmile

I like the name - let us know how it goes! Sounds very professional!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I agree with everyone, better go with the name than related to photography keyword. Although some words really do give a recall to brands of your photography. Good luck on your new name!!!

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post