Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Breaking even

It's been a fun weekend of photographing cats at a show right up until it's time to bring the truck around and load the equipment to go home. My drivers side door lock was popped and the stereo, expensive sunglasses, along with some other items were stolen. The screwdriver that was used was left on the passenger side of the seat. Makes me sick. The damage caused to get to the stereo is probably more than the Worth of the stereo. From the money made at the show I might just break even after replacing my stereo and fixing my locks. Sad

Aside from that the show was a lot of fun. Cats are cool! Big Grin Also I would like to mention to everyone that I may not be too active for about a week as I have a lot of work ahead of me. I still have wedding images to process too. I just thought I'd share my unfortunate event.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Aww.. sad to hear that Peto. How despicable of them! I can't imagine how people can stoop to such a level and live with themselves.

The cost is one thing... the inconvenience is another to worry about...

Anyway, hope things get fixed smoothly....

Can you please sen the screwdriver back to my address?

Sorry - poor joke...

Sucks Petog, I had my cars broken into or stolen 4 times in the last 3 years I was in England. Got to the point I never had a decent stereo and didn't leave anything in the car.

Sorry to hear about your stereo and your sunglasses, Colin Sad.....

Hey but you said everything went fine at the cats show Smile I am very happy for that!! Do you think there will be an opportunity to see some of your pictures??

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

That's REALLY annoying! :x

Like Bob says, where we live it isnt worth owning anything which you cant watch all the time.
The only time I laughed at a theft, was when some idiot stole 10 gallons of water, (used as ballast), out of the boot of one of our cars. I believe he thought he was stealing petrol! I just hope he used it in his own car. Big Grin

Cave canem

Sorry to hear that, Colin. Sad

Even in the field of stealing, you come to appreciate professional work. Professionals open your car, take the things they want and then close it again, with minimal damage. Bloody amateurs!

I do hope to see some cat pictures when you've got the time! Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

That blows.

My pickup truck was stolen in L.A., and the police recovered it a day later but it had been stripped - the stereo, camper shell, hubcaps, etc. were all gone.

The worst part: they took my bootleg tapes! Some of those were RARE! I'm sure they didn't appreciate them either. Jerks. Tongue

Thank you all. I've already replaced a few items except the stereo. I'll not likley ever lock it again . That way there's no damage but I'll also not leave anything of any value.

Toad- screwdriver is long gone. Couldn't even keep it as part of my own assortment. Sorry. Thats what happens when you leave your toys behind. Big Grin

Kitty photos will be coming. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Sorry to hear about your stuff . Its a shame that you have to work so hard to get what you want then someone will come along and tote it off like its theirs!!

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

A silly question from me, but is it worth installing a car alarm? Or is the car not worth it?

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

Colin... that's crappy man!! Thievery is really low. Lucky there wasn't any camera gear in there! Thats another reason why I have my stuff insured for EVERYTHING. Theft, loss, droppage etc etc. A bit pricey each year, but well worth it. If my bag were to be stolen, I would be out almost $15,000 in gear.

Who else here has insurance on their stuff?

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

No insurance on mine, but I'd only be out about $2500 US if my bag was gone... I do intend to do it someday... probably be the day after I get it stolen.