Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bridge reflection on Shenandoah River

Taken on Shenandoah River in Front Royal, VA

Attached Files Image(s)

Beautiful for sure!

A captivating image - one that keeps me looking and searching around the picture to appreciate it more, so it scores on composition. I like it a lot ... interesting you chose black and white for this image though and I find myself thinking what the colours would be in the water, trees and sky. I wonder if there is a hint of rain on the water, suggesting a dullish day? But I like the reflection hugely, the light on the water, the shape of the river and the trees touching - just - but not overlapping. The sky is a bit uninteresting perhaps, yet rather bold and slightly draws the eye.

I'd be pleased had I taken this picture! Regards Jeff

cool photo. i like the steam coming off of the water. nice tones too.

Hi Jeff, - This was early morning, around 7:30 a.m., and this was a particularly overcast weekend, and my only chance to get this pic. This area is famous for the "blueridge" overcast blue soft light colors. I did the b&w, because I am used to seeing it in color, and figure it would be more interesting in b&w. Thanks for the compliment - from you it is appreciated.

(Jul 13, 2015, 16:15)Freeman Wrote:  A captivating image - one that keeps me looking and searching around the picture to appreciate it more, so it scores on composition. I like it a lot ... interesting you chose black and white for this image though and I find myself thinking what the colours would be in the water, trees and sky. I wonder if there is a hint of rain on the water, suggesting a dullish day? But I like the reflection hugely, the light on the water, the shape of the river and the trees touching - just - but not overlapping. The sky is a bit uninteresting perhaps, yet rather bold and slightly draws the eye.

I'd be pleased had I taken this picture! Regards Jeff

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by jjford43
Sep 10, 2017, 15:09
Last Post by EdMak
Apr 16, 2017, 05:54
Last Post by EnglishBob
Apr 13, 2017, 01:40