Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Brisbane City From Kangaroo Point Cliffs

Taken tonight, took about 2 dozen overall, the pick of the bunch are in my gallery. This is my favourite from tonight by far:

[Image: DSCF0248_edited-1.jpg]

I also thought this particular shot was interesting as well, although i'm annoyed now that i failed to off centre or angle the flower.......... stupid.

[Image: DSCF0249.JPG]

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

City lights over the river are part of my favourite subjects Tongue
I'm not sure what to comment on the picture though.

As for the 2nd pic, if you want to off-centre it or angle it, you can do that in photoshop... rotate, and crop Smile If you didn't tell me that it was a flower, I'd think that it was a giant tree Smile

Would also like to see the rest Smile

----
Adam was here 2006 Tongue

hi

uuhmm not sure if is my bad monitor but it looks like the sky is way too dark... most of the time buildings or street scenes are shot just after sunset.

thank you for sharing the town of brisbane...never been there...yet

christian

I love city lights at night shots. Nice shot. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Lovely Brisvegas shot there SG! Smile

And like Adam, I thought the 2nd shot was a big strange tree until I read the caption. Big Grin
You could always change the crop to square or portrait format to give you some more flexibility in the layout.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

byrt_001 Wrote:hi

uuhmm not sure if is my bad monitor but it looks like the sky is way too dark... most of the time buildings or street scenes are shot just after sunset.

thank you for sharing the town of brisbane...never been there...yet

christian

Thanks for the tip Christian........... i wanted to get into town earlier, but the wife wanted to go down to the Port Of Brisbane to see all the Bats leaving their home on their nightly flight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This pic i took a little earlier, it's probably the lightest one i have from that angle.........

[Image: DSCF0247_edited-1.jpg]

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

The water looks so cool! I'm another who thought the flower was a flood lit tree. How did you light the flower? it looks cool

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Schellamo Wrote:The water looks so cool! I'm another who thought the flower was a flood lit tree. How did you light the flower? it looks cool
The Flower schellamo was actually light by the lights from the kangaroo point cliffs, see the pic below...........

[Image: 11_48%20-%20Kangaroo%20Point%20Cliffs%20from%20Garde...night%20.jpg]

Here is the original of the 1st pic in this thread, with the Flower in the foreground........

[Image: DSCF0246.JPG]

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

Cool shots SG.........the third is my pick and I do also like the tree.... Big Grin

makes me want to get out and do a Newcastle at night shot..........I remember putting it on my things to do list and its still there........ Big Grin

I love night shots, sg... and yours are beautiful! I love the way the colours just jump out when you do long exposures - especially in the reflections over water.

Just a tip - the buildings look a bit crooked ...

Thanks for sharing!

shuttertalk Wrote:Just a tip - the buildings look a bit crooked ...
Sad i know, much sadness...........

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

What editing program are you using?
For photoshop, try duplicating the layer, the edit>transform>skew and then pull the top left corner out a bit.

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Using Elements 4 Schellamo, i will attempt to do that in the next few days and see how i go.............

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Oct 16, 2012, 09:51