Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Brittany

I'm curious to see what people would do to improve on this shot. Also, I posted a large size image for people to work with. Feel free to reduce the size when finished with your edit.
[Image: dog-walk-3-.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

All I would do is a slighlty tighter crop... lose the red tag and the patch on it's back, less distraction to my eye.

[Image: 81_dog-walk-3-.jpg]

Great image to begin with!

Here's my take. The background, while nice, doesn't add much detail to the image, so I thought that I'd do a close square crop, adjusted the brightness etc., converted to b/w and framed.

[Image: brit.jpg]

What do you think?

Brittany Variations:

Brittany Brightened:
[Image: brittneybright.jpg]

Brittany in Bronze:
[Image: brittneybronze.jpg]

Brittany in Blue:
[Image: brittneyblue.jpg]

Don't remember how I got there ... Big Grin

I love Brittany in bronze! Nice one Smile

Polly

There are some great variations especially from Slej. It was said that the photo isn't too bad as is. In my opinion, there is. The background is very blown out and Brittany is dark. Her brown colour is closer to liver.
Again with Mitch's variations, I really like the blue. I'm going to have to get cracking on my own version.

My flickr images

Petographer Wrote:I really like the blue.

I had a feeling you would like that one. I used "midnight blue" from Nik's color effects for that, but after I converted to B&W.

Thanks also Pol; I'm partial to the bronze too. The trick with that was getting her bright enought that her coat wouldn't blend with the background. But I think it echoes nicely. Smile

P.S. Beautiful dog, though I've said that before.

Always nice to start with a good subject.

Here's my try. I downloaded EnglishBob's crop by accident, hope you don't mind Bob... I personally like extreme lighting, so I lit it up.

[Image: Brittany1.jpg]

Here's what I did:

Added a layer with a gradient white to black from left to right, cut out the left part of the dogs head (feathered)
Added a copy of the background layer shown as screen layer (in PSP, in PS it's reverse multiply)
Added a brightness/contrast layer (10/30)

Edited: Forgot to mention that this here picture, for me too, really was a pleasure to play with. Great shot, man!

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Stay away from the light, Santa's little helper... stay away from the light!
(sorry, it must be friday around here) Big Grin

shuttertalk Wrote:Stay away from the light, Santa's little helper... stay away from the light!
(sorry, it must be friday around here) Big Grin

No kidding. She's only 7. Not time to go towards the light yet. Good job guerito. Don't you think it's time for a new avatar?

My flickr images

[img]http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/images/upload/44_dog-n'-mountain.jpg[/img]

My flickr images

Now that one I like!! It looks quite natural as well.

Thanks Toad. I tried to keep the reflection in her eye in mind when choosing a background.

My flickr images

This is my try. I liked the background so I worked with it. Hope you like it

[Image: dog-walk-3-a.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne