Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Broke my B string!

Heheh, I was leading worship on guitar today, and my B string broke midway through the last song...

Was a bit stunned but managed to carry on without missing a beat...

I ended up playing a few wrong chords because of the missing string (like playing F#m instead of Bm), but turned out ok as dave was backing me up! Big Grin

We always have the joke that when you break your g-string, you go to the music shop and say "I broke my g-string" without giggling.

Aiyoh ..
there were always jokes about the G-strings...
my friend also had an email address like gstringpolice@hotmail or sumfin ..
where they would email random girls ..

Yes, I've broken g-strings and b-strings too... fine if you're just practising, but irritating when you do it in the middle of a gig. Sad

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

I tried to restring my guitar this evening... did the little E, wound it up, then did the B, wound it up... and *SNAP* doooooh!!!

What luck huh? Out of the whole set, it had to be the B, which I was replacing... Sad

I've never broken a string while playing... am I doing something wrong? lol

Not really - I hardly ever break strings too. If I do, I'm strumming VERY hard, which is not really necessary, unless your guitar has no pickup and you're trying to compete with the drummer... Big Grin

Ok, got a new set of light strings - I think they're 12's... (whatever that means)...

It takes some getting used to as I think my previous ones were medium ones....

Alright, it's getting annoying now... I broke a string again while leading worsihp - this time the D string. :o

I didn't come off completely, so I couldn't keep playing...

hrm....... very unlucky. Three strings in such a short time frame.

Me....... around 2 yrs and never broken a string.

But I reckon if i do its gonna be at just the right time...... like during the youth service....... shhhhh, better not jinx myself!!!!! Wink

Since light travels faster than sound,
people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I once had a classical guitar on which my D string would constantly break. Turned out there was a little burr on the saddle (or was it the nut?) and the string would rub against it and eventually snap right there. Filed it smooth and it was fine after that.

Shuttertalk..... STOP ABUSING YUOR GUITAR!!!! Tongue

Seriously man, turn yourself up if you want more volume. Violent strumming not only breaks strings, but also scratches your guitar-face and does nothing for your tone...

Repeat this mantra after me: I will treat my guitar like my wife... I will treat my guitar like my wife....

Assuming of course that you're good to your wife.

Might be safer with: I will treat my guitar like my wife treats me... I will treat my guitar like my wife treats me...

:ducking and running:

Big Grin

I am good to me wife... yessiree! Smile

But point taken... not everyone treats their wives with the respect they deserve. :/

Perhaps I should say: treat your wife the way you treat your guitar?

Hmmm... maybe not... Don't know if wives like to be strummed so hard that you break their G-strings... Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Rufus
Aug 1, 2004, 13:36