Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bullfinch

Chin in, Chest out ,Stomach in, Feet together. Big Grin

Attached Files Image(s)

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Fantastic shot. Where was that taken?

Thank you. Some times I get lucky.

You asked where.
On bird feeders in a small woodland area. A little off the beaten track. An ex gravelpit from the defunct power station, now a wildlife area maintained by a local group.
Between Elland and Brighouse. Yorkshire England UK. Nearby is a canal where the kingfisher is to be seen.

Taken with a Tamron 70-300 macro lens, around 15 feet from the feeders at 270 mm. Tripod mounted.
Stopped down a little f9-13 and ISO upped to 400? I think. You should be able to see exif, with an exif reader..

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Nice snap and love the fitting description

(Mar 3, 2012, 20:25)NT73 Wrote:  On bird feeders in a small woodland area. A little off the beaten track. An ex gravelpit from the defunct power station, now a wildlife area maintained by a local group.
Between Elland and Brighouse. Yorkshire England UK. Nearby is a canal where the kingfisher is to be seen.

I see. Great, that's why you get so many bird photographs. They're very nice and interesting. I love the colours.

Thanks.
They are nice coloured birds. Bold and brash to look at but like most wild birds, 'shy'. The first off the feeders when anyone is around.
Where there are feeders and people about , they get de-sensitised.

I take shots of anything that takes my fancy though, not just birds. I suppose it comes in cycles.

Whoops did I say cycles? Big Grin
[Image: IMG_0657_Bike_rack.jpg]

Lumix LX5.

Thanks.
They are nice coloured birds. Bold and brash to look at but like most wild birds, 'shy'. The first off the feeders when anyone is around.
Where there are feeders and people about , they get de-sensitised.

I take shots of anything that takes my fancy though, not just birds. I suppose it comes in cycles.

Whoops did I say cycles? Big Grin

Attached Files Image(s)

Lumix LX5.

(Mar 5, 2012, 10:44)NT73 Wrote:  Whoops did I say cycles? Big Grin

Very good

[Image: slow-clap.gif]

Tongue

Looking good from 15 feet, did you have to sneak up or were they busy feeding?

They will feed if you sit still for a while. Today I was at 6ft from the feeders and they were not spooked by me.
Lovely sunny day and my ISO was se from a previous day at 1600 Blush
Ah well forecast is sun tomorrow. It's only a mile walk. Angel

Lumix LX5.