Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

CSC Camera's

At present I use a Sony A77 with various Sony/Minolta Lenses, due to health problems I find it too heavy to handle for long periods of time so I am considering buying a CSC because they appear to be lighter; I have looked at Sony A6000, good pixel count but no tethering, I have looked at Fuji X-A1 and Olympus OMD-E5 Mk2.
The Fuji has a larger sensor than the Olympus but the lenses seem more expensive.
The Olympus OMD-E5 Mk 2 is micro four thirds (which I do not know a lot about) it has free tethering software and the lenses seem more reasonably priced.
My photographic preferences are Macro, Wildlife and the occasional sport photography.
My main concern is the reduction in MP with the Fuji and the Olympus and would I miss the 24.3 my Sony.
My leaning at the moment is towards the Olympus OMD-E5 Mk2.
Has anyone any thoughts on the matter.
Frank

Welcome to Shuttertalk.

A couple of people in my camera club speak highly of the Panasonic Lumix, I think it is the gf6 they use, biggest gripes I hear from them is a lack of a real viewfinder and no hotshoe for flash. Both were Canon DSLR shooters prior to down sizing, for them it was weight as a factor too.

The Olympus will save you just under half a pound over the sony just in the body alone.

Welcome, Frank.

Just a few thoughts -
Rather than the trouble, expense, and learning curve of changing systems, have you considered the various straps, belts, harnesses, etc., which might enable you to keep using your beloved Sony for another couple of years? Also two of your preferences - macro and wildlife - would benefit from having the camera mounted on a tripod. There are several very light but rigid carbon fibre types about, that would fit alongside your Sony and a couple of lenses in a small rucksack. Similarly, for sport perhaps you might think about using a light carbon fibre monopod.

Cheers.
Philip

My camera is rarely not on a monopod, use it just about all the time.

Welcome to the photography forums! Nice to have you here with us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Jun 1, 2015, 09:24)Frank Wrote:  At present I use a Sony A77 with various Sony/Minolta Lenses, due to health problems I find it too heavy to handle for long periods of time so I am considering buying a CSC because they appear to be lighter; I have looked at Sony A6000, good pixel count but no tethering, I have looked at Fuji X-A1 and Olympus OMD-E5 Mk2.
The Fuji has a larger sensor than the Olympus but the lenses seem more expensive.
The Olympus OMD-E5 Mk 2 is micro four thirds (which I do not know a lot about) it has free tethering software and the lenses seem more reasonably priced.
My photographic preferences are Macro, Wildlife and the occasional sport photography.
My main concern is the reduction in MP with the Fuji and the Olympus and would I miss the 24.3 my Sony.
My leaning at the moment is towards the Olympus OMD-E5 Mk2.
Has anyone any thoughts on the matter.
Frank

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post