Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Camellia

Hi, haven't been here in a long time.....Still appreciate critique, still working on my photography.  Lost my Nikon P600 which this was taken with.  Taken in Gainesville, FL at my neighbors about two years ago.

(Aug 4, 2017, 06:57)czkid Wrote:  Hi, haven't been here in a long time.....Still appreciate critique, still working on my photography.  Lost my Nikon P600 which this was taken with.  Taken in Gainesville, FL at my neighbors about two years ago.
Good effort. The background distracts a bit, consider an upright pic. There is detail in the white petals could come out. This was done in P/S 4.   Ed.

To each his own!

By the looks of the image you were too close to obtain critical focus, the point of focus falls behind the flower by a few inches, you can see the leaves on the right side in the background are sharp and in focus.

Find out the minimum focus distance of your lens and be sure to keep the subject at least that far away.

(Aug 4, 2017, 06:57)czkid Wrote:  Still appreciate critique, still working on my photography.  
Ed and Craig have given you the most relevant comments about the posted image - the distraction of the dazzling background and the missed focus.  

However, one other more general point - if you are still working on your photography, perhaps it would be more helpful, both to you and to those members who would like to offer useful guidance, if you were to post images taken recently with the camera that you have now.

Philip

I like the photo, but it seemed to me that the focus on the flower was lost)

Thanks Craig, Ed, Mr B, Maisie - appreciate the comments, I'm still learning even after all this time. I probably need to take a class.  My Nikon P600 was stolen from me, and I haven't had enough $$$$ to get another really good one, so, I am now using a little "point and shoot" under $100.  It sure has restrictions,it has only 40 zoome, and you have to be  really really good to get good captures with something like this, but, better times will come.  I will put some out there I took with my little cam.  As always, I really appreciate the critique since I haven't taken any classes.  Yet.  The eclipse passed us up today.  Nothing to write home about........