Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Camera Bags

Im looking to get a camera bag that will hold a 1d and a 17-40 lens...but dosent look like a camera bag...i hate looking like a tourist...even though i always am! lol

i was looking at a Billingham bag..but they are like 400 bucks! i have a kata now, but its almost TOO cool looking ya know?

anyone have any ideas?

Crumpler?

http://www.crumpler.com.au/cartIndex.php?catId=22

Personally I like the Kata R-103/3, to the unitiated they just look like a backpack but protect the gear really well. Cool

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

yeah the 103 is the one i am thinking about too...and crumplers are good...but i can never find one thats functional..and they are hard to find in the store...and im getting sick of sending bags back to ebags.com....

m

spiff2 Wrote:Im looking to get a camera bag that will hold a 1d and a 17-40 lens...but dosent look like a camera bag.

If that's all you need -- minor accessories as well, but no other lenses or bodies -- just get a regular bag. I use a small shoulder-sling bag, one of the single-strap knapsacks, and it works beautifully for $20. If you need to carry more gear, take a look at diaper bags.

If you look at function first, there are hundreds of readily available bags that can be adapted for cameras. The simpler your needs and equipment, the more options you'll have.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

well it got a little harder when i discovered that a lot of camera bags dont fit well with the size of the 1d..any suggestions?
m

I used to carry a lowepro backpack but found it unmanageable constantly slinging it on and off to get accessories and lenses. I now have a Domke fx1 bag. They are canvas or nylon, look unassuming, mold to your body and I can easily reach in to grab what I need. They are also relatively spartan, with minimal padding reducing their bulk considerably. They are available from multiple online retailers and come in a number of sizes.

http://www.tiffen.com/domkecat01.htm

Lars

** Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results **

I use the Tamrac Velocity 9. Absolutely love it. May not be what you are looking for. What I like about it though is the ability to keep your hands free while shooting. Swing it around to pull out your camera and start shottong. I dond even bother to swing it back when shooting. http://www.tamrac.com/5749.htm

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

thanks for all the imput guys...the tamrac is a great idea but it just screams LOOK AT MY CAMERA BAG..and the domke...i dont know if they would fit the 1d...although the f7 seem big enough..ill make it out to the local camera joint this weekend and check it out...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post