Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Camera for travellin

Hi
I am Michael just joined.
I am looking for a camera for travelling it must have a zoom and be good in low light,[/font]

Welcome, Michael.

It might help members to reply to your post, if you were to give some idea of how much you are willing to spend on your travel camera and zoom lens, and the sort of range/magnification you would require of the zoom.

Cheers.
Philip

Hi Michael,
Welcome to the Forums. Settle in and enjoy.
What type of camera are you looking for - dslr, bridge, point and shoot ?.
Are you new to photography and just starting out ?
You will find people on here happy to help.
Regards, Mike ( another one ! )

No I am not new to photography just attained my CPAGB distinction, I have canon 5D mk3& 7D mk2, I have been Looking at something like a Panasonic LUMIX Z1000 and prices around this I.e £5-£700 mark.

Hello and welcome to the photography forums! Nice have you on board with us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Michael, do you mean the Lumix FZ1000? If so, it looks quite a big and heavy camera so, as you are a Canon person, have you considered one of the smaller and lighter Canon DSLRs? E.g. An EOS 1200D/Rebel T5, with something like a Tamron 18-270 zoom, would be reasonable compared with the FZ1000 in size and cost, but give the benefits of an APS-C sensor and be compatible with everything you have for your other Canons.

Cheers.
Philip

(Sep 14, 2015, 11:41)MrB Wrote:  Michael, do you mean the Lumix FZ1000? If so, it looks quite a big and heavy camera so, as you are a Canon person, have you considered one of the smaller and lighter Canon DSLRs? E.g. An EOS 1200D/Rebel T5, with something like a Tamron 18-270 zoom, would be reasonable compared with the FZ1000 in size and cost, but give the benefits of an APS-C sensor and be compatible with everything you have for your other Canons.

Cheers.
Philip

Thanks Philip.

Yes DMC-FZ1000 I am using Sony NEX-6 at present but have to change lenses not ideal
when travelling around as I found out in Australia.

Have a look at Fuji x100 if you want to avoid changing lenses. A used fuji X E1 with zoom lens could be had for less than £700. These cameras are light and give amazing images.

(Sep 14, 2015, 11:41)MrB Wrote:  Michael, do you mean the Lumix FZ1000? If so, it looks quite a big and heavy camera so, as you are a Canon person, have you considered one of the smaller and lighter Canon DSLRs? E.g. An EOS 1200D/Rebel T5, with something like a Tamron 18-270 zoom, would be reasonable compared with the FZ1000 in size and cost, but give the benefits of an APS-C sensor and be compatible with everything you have for your other Canons.

Cheers.
Philip

(Oct 26, 2015, 11:58)TonyB55 Wrote:  Have a look at Fuji x100 if you want to avoid changing lenses. A used fuji X E1 with zoom lens could be had for less than £700. These cameras are light and give amazing images.

Thanks Tony just got Sony RX100 not RX 100 MK11 good deal

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by mooremob
Jun 16, 2015, 01:29