Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can someone help?

I bought a Canon PowerShot Pro1 a few months ago which came with an adapter filter with which I can fit filters such as UV/Polariser etc. At the moment I have a UV Filter fitted. Problem is I cant remove the UF Filter from the adapter, this is a common problem with this part, you screw it in and it wont come off. The part is not available anywhere in Australia, Canon US/Canada will not sell overseas, Lehmans UK have it, they emailed me with a price of UK7.50 with postage, but wont sell overseas.

So, would anyone be willing to buy the part for me, I will airmail money in any denomination required before anyone buys. The Australian part No is FA-DC58A, in the US/UK c84-1208. If you are willing to help PM me. Thanks.

[Image: filter.jpg]

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Pm sent .

.. Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Pat, I have been experimenting with stuck filters lately, and what I have found is that temperature can play a part in the problem.
You might try warming the pieces up a little with a hair dryer, then trying to unscrew them.
Unless the threads are crossed, they should come apart.

Tried that Keith and all the other solutions suggested and still cant separate the 2 pieces. Rather than risk breaking both pieces better if I can buy another adapter and not make the same mistake of screwing in too tightly Rolleyes

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Put a bit of butter on it first.Smile

I would guess that as the plastic rings are so thin they distort when you grip at either side , and so tightening the thread sideways.
In some engineering works they use something which vibrates, (like an electric razor) hold it on to one of the parts, whilst gently trying to unscrew at the same time. The vibrations jar the threads and most times it works.
You could try that first.
The temperature thing...You warm the outer part so that it expands and cool the inner part so that it contracts, and if you are lucky, then it will free it.
Really with a ring, you need to grip it all the way round and our hands wont do that.
Maybe an elastic band round one bit for grip.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Keep trying, and good luck!

I was just going to say...

NT73 Wrote:Maybe an elastic band round one bit for grip.
My CP filter really, really likes to bind to the ND or IR filter that I typically use it with. (It also really, really likes to fall off the front element. You win some...) Anyway, the rubber band thing really works. It just gives a little bit of grip, and probably distributes the pressure a little more evenly... whatever the cause, I keep one of the broad types in my kit for exactly this purpose.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com