Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can't seem to download movies from Casio EXLILIM Z30

It's in its little cradle (docking station) and hooked up to my PowerBook G3 with all appropriate software installed and (usb) cables connected properly but can't transfer movies. Pictures transfer fine, though. I haven't a clue what do do first to accomplish this apparently "easy" function of my new equipment.

Can anyone out there help, please?

Hey Samurai! Welcome to shuttertalk!

I'm not very familiar with macs unfortunately -- how are you transferring the photos?

With windows there are two ways usually to transfer files -- either via the software supplied by the manufacturer, or by browsing directly to the virtual drive that is automatically created when the camera is mounted. Usually if the first way doesn't work, the 2nd will definitely get it.

Hi,

the camera comes with a cradle which automatically downloads images and suposedly movies too. When I hit the downlaod button all photos quickly download but the movies do not. I'm VERY frustrated and would truly appreciate some help with this situation. :o

Samurai: Forgive me for asking what seems like a dumb question - but are you positive that the files are not transferring?

I ask because some files such as RAW files and movies do not show up in Windows except as thumbnails - and I am not sure what Macs support in this regard.

You should confirm that the files are in fact not actually there using whatever the Mac equivalent of Windows Explorer is...

Sorry not to be much help - I am not a Mac person - I only know that Windows has peculiarities in this regard - maybe Macs do to.

Welcome to the board Samurai. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I have a Casio QV3-Ex (which I rarely use anymore). The system was a bit more complex on that camera (which I think might be similar to yours). You had to set the camera to download using the menu. You had to load and run some receiving.software. Then you had to press the camera's buttons to start the process.

If you have a card reader, you should be able to see the movie file (I think it's an .AVI file). You can try copying that file directly. The only probel is it's a certain kind pf .AVI file that current media software doesn't play.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by dewy
Sep 10, 2004, 22:04