Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cannon 5DMark2 limited shutter speed on live view

I have a 5dmk2,  I am not able to shoot past the 1/30 second exposures while using live view, but are limited to faster this.
Do you know any reasons for this?
Maybe I need to have updated firmware while I am still using older versions?
How long of exposure can you take with your 5d3 while being in live view?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I like to use LV for detail shots.

When you say past does that mean faster or slower than 1/30?

It is possible something is adrift somewhere. I know I have exposures of more than 20s and 1/2000 with my 5Ds in live view. Are you set on manual and overlooked it? (been there, done that!) If using flash at the same time there may be some sync setting restricting shutter speed?

If not, without changing anything else switch off live view and see if you can change shutter speed. If you can then switch back to live view and is shutter speed the same or has it reverted to 1/30?

(Jan 7, 2019, 07:58)dave1712 Wrote:  When you say past does that mean  faster or slower than 1/30?  

It is  possible something is adrift somewhere.   I know I have exposures of more than 20s and  1/2000 with my 5Ds in live view.   Are you set on manual and overlooked it? (been there, done that!)  If using flash at the same time there may be some sync setting restricting shutter speed?

If not, without changing anything else switch off live view and see if you can change shutter speed.  If you can then switch back to live view and is shutter speed the same or has it reverted to 1/30?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by yhxxsbx
Apr 27, 2017, 03:53