Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canon 1D3 on order.

Just put my deposit down on the new Canon 1D3 - I am third in line at this particular store. Aparently Canon are delivering one a month to each of the 4 pro stores in Perth. That means I should get mine by late July/early August.

My wedding season really begins in September - so timing should be perfect.

There is so much cool stuff on this camera - but some of the key features I am looking forward to are:

Improved high ISO capability
Live preview with 10x magnification for macro ring shots
14 bit colour
45 point autofocus

I will post some feelings about the camera when I finally get it.

Canon stuff.

Have a look at this while you are waiting for it to arrive, and then wonder if you really need it. Big Grin
Apparently it does not have a full size sensor, or an Ice cream maker.Rolleyes

I am sure you will love it.Smile And it will no doubt last longer than Julian's round the world trip, for about the same money. Tongue

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Congratulations Chris.... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Congrats WS . My buddy that i shoot sports with is waiting on his too . I know he is getting impatent with it cuz everytime we talk he mentions it LOL. Now if i could only afford he 1d2 LOL.

Congrats again...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Yay, should be a great investment and hopefully will make your job more fun. Big Grin

NT73 Wrote:Have a look at this while you are waiting for it to arrive, and then wonder if you really need it. Big Grin
Apparently it does not have a full size sensor, or an Ice cream maker.Rolleyes

I am sure you will love it.Smile And it will no doubt last longer than Julian's round the world trip, for about the same money. Tongue
Sorry NT - what is it you wanted me to look at - I am looking but I can't see anything Smile

Canon stuff.

I don't really want to pay for it until August - but I am sure if it comes in next week they could twist my arm to go and buy it straight awaySmile

Canon stuff.

Woo! So cool! So wonderful! So excellent and exciting!!!!!!

Sorry I forgot the link. This is a different one while I find the other.:/
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/show...p?t=331249

Found it now. Scroll away.
http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/camer...k_III.html

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Congratulations, WS. I know you're going to love the Live View.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

good on you Chris..........look forward to seeing the results and hearing your thoughts!

congrats

Thanks Everyone,

NT - The North Light link is great. I think I will have time to read it all while waiting!

I have had a play with the demo model in the shop. I took my 5D in as well and took some frames inside the warehouse to compare the ISO head to head. 1D3 has one stop over the 5D.

Canon stuff.

whats the rrp here in perth, chris?

I ordered it for $5677. But the other three stores are selling it for $5999, $6085, $6200. Team Digital is where I ordered mine - their price is very competitive even with bodies from Hong Kong or the US.

Canon stuff.

matthew Wrote:Congratulations, WS. I know you're going to love the Live View.
Is this the first SLR with live LCD? It will be strange to see people holding a SLR in front of their face like a point and shoot..

Im green with envy.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Wedding Shooter Wrote:I ordered it for $5677. But the other three stores are selling it for $5999, $6085, $6200. Team Digital is where I ordered mine - their price is very competitive even with bodies from Hong Kong or the US.
thanks Chris!
would love to hear from you about the differences between mk3 and 5D...

championboxer Wrote:thanks Chris!
would love to hear from you about the differences between mk3 and 5D...
You can come and have a play when I get it if you like.

Canon stuff.

hee...

thanks for that Chris!

i'll likely take it slow.... probably looking to upgrade my 20 to a 5D...
the savings will be spend on a 35mm L Smile
hehehe....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post