Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canon 50 mm f1.8

Internet purchases are nearly always made with trepidation.(A bit of worry)
I ordered the above through Amazon Marketplace (UK) late Monday evening, A confirmation arrived by mechanical e-mail shortly after.
Next morning an e-mail arrived from the seller saying it would be posted by special delivery and today it arrived all in one piece and well packed.
Am I delighted...you bet I am. £63.89 GB pounds including p&p.&vat.
The Seller ..'copper canyon' put a letter inside, saying if any problems get in touch, and the address.
I cannot guarantee every purchase from this supplier but mine was excellent.
NT.
A couple of samples later when I have given it a try.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I buy a lot of stuff from amazon.co.uk Marketplace ( mainly DVD, books,audiobooks and occasional household items, media, paper, software etc) I've never had any problems.

If your using their 'Marketplace' - just click on the 'seller information' and look through the feedback for that seller and that'll give you an idea of the service they provide. I always give feedback for anything I've bought too. sellers really value and need the feedback so if ever you had a problem - email the seller and they usually sort things out.

I also have stuff sent directly to my mother-in-law from there. She's 87, not online so I get what she wants and have it posted to her directly. She's never yet had anything that wasn't "as described, well packaged, prompt delivery" and at a bargain price. (Certainly bargains to her 'cos I but them for her Big Grin)

So - use it with confidence (you're covered by Amazon anyway).

Pol

I have bought 2 lenses from B & H in New York, ordered them Friday, arrived on my doorstep the following Friday. My 17-40 was priced at AUS$1,699.00 at Domayne, a well known store in OZ, got it for AUS$950.00 including delivery cost from B & H.

Have been buying books from Amazon for years and found them great.

Of course, the flip side of the coin is that there is very little choice locally and lots of camera stores have closed because we do buy overseas.

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

I always check Amazon first here in the USA and have never had any problem either with them or their associates. I buy all my books from Amazon and always check "New/Used" first, you save money there and no book I have received was less than "new".

Rene

To be heard, you must be seen.

Hey I can identify - I ordered 2 computer books recently from Amazon, for cheaper than I could have obtained locally, including shipping. The books were pristinely packed, and well protected in transit. I'd definitely do it again.

By the way, if you're thinking of purchasing from Amazon (US) please consider doing it via our store which will give us a little referral bonus. It's basically just a front-end for the Amazon site, so you will be able to search for any Amazon products, and they will actually handle all your payments and shipping (in fact if you click on the buy button you go straight to the Amazon site).

I was just pointing out that I was highly delighted. I sent a review to Amazon and an e-mail to 'copper canyon' to say I had done. Surprise! I got one back a few moments later thanking me for the feedback. Sort of personal, not like a standard form. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post