Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canon 60D announced

The rumours have been put to rest - Canon has announced the new 60D - which shares a lot of features from the 7D, but is packaged in a smaller body, and features an articulated rear 3.0 inch LCD screen (a first on a Canon DSLR?).

Apparently it has been "repositioned" in the market - not sure exactly what that means... but maybe we'll just call it the 7D's little brother. The Canon APS-C lineup now has the 1000D and 550D in the budget category and the 60D and 7D in the more serious category. But I still think it's a bit hazy and I'd hate to be a salesman trying to explain the value propositions...

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1008/100826...eos60d.asp

Quote:EOS 60D features at a glance:

18 MP APS-C CMOS sensor
Advanced creative features with Basic +
Vari-angle 7.7cm (3.0”) 3:2 ratio LCD
Full HD movies with manual control
DIGIC 4
ISO 100-6400, H:12800
5.3fps shooting for up to 58 JPEGs
9-point cross type AF System
iFCL metering with 63-zone Dual-layer Sensor
Integrated Speedlite transmitter
In-camera RAW processing

It makes sense: now that Canon has a camera that directly competes with the Dx00 class from Nikon, they've dropped the x0D to compete with the Dx0.

shuttertalk Wrote:But I still think it's a bit hazy and I'd hate to be a salesman trying to explain the value propositions...
You and me both...

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

matthew Wrote:... directly competes with the Dx00 class from Nikon, they've dropped the x0D to compete with the Dx0...
Your smiley faces / emoticons are competing with each other... Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post