Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canon EOS 5d Mk2

Hello everyone
Need some advice on a Mk2. I have a problem with focusing the camera, manually or auto, tried different lenses, also tried those lenses on a 60d with better results, problem comes when I view photos and zoom in, the photos are not as crisp as they should be. Has anyone had similar problems with the Mk2. I have been told it is quite common with this camera, and needs to go back to Canon for recalibration, sounds expensive to me. Thanks Graham

canon should give you a quote before they repair anything. if you've tried several lenses then it's most likely an issue with the body as you seem to be thinking too. i used to own the 5d mk ii and remember something about being able to manually calibrate the camera to specific lenses to optimize the focusing. maybe you did that by accident. i'd check it out to see if you can recalibrate it yourself first using their calibration tool on the camera.

(Aug 5, 2015, 07:26)cuilin Wrote:  canon should give you a quote before they repair anything. if you've tried several lenses then it's most likely an issue with the body as you seem to be thinking too. i used to own the 5d mk ii and remember something about being able to manually calibrate the camera to specific lenses to optimize the focusing. maybe you did that by accident. i'd check it out to see if you can recalibrate it yourself first using their calibration tool on the camera.

Thank you Culin
I'll have a look at manually re calibrating, but I think it may be a little more than just that, will let you know how I get on
Thanks Graham

I had the same problem with the Sigma F2.8 24-70 mm and I found this youtube clip, worked a treat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUBEX46OJDw

(Aug 29, 2015, 05:15)Andy t Wrote:  I had the same problem with the Sigma F2.8 24-70 mm and I found this youtube clip, worked a treat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUBEX46OJDw

Hello Andy,

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you here!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post